Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    Re: Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!!

YEP! My ntn towers are complete and I have my sub built as well (no paint yet). Wolf do you need a list of those of us that will be there Friday? If you do count me and my friend Mike in.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

(posting from Matt's PC, I hope to have mine back on line tonight)

I have 5 tables requested, Phil, but you can call or ask for another I'm sure the day of.

Gettin' close fellas!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• s7horton
    replied

Okay, who's getting excited for the 29th? We had freakishly warm weather in Michigan one week ago. 84 degrees. I took advantage and sprayed the lacquer I needed to. Today it is snowing though. I installed my crossovers and drivers last night in preparation of the event. Looking forward to putting names to faces.

Leave a comment:

• edlafontaine
    replied

You can set your stuff on my tailgate! :D

Seriously, there will be room...

Leave a comment:

• PEB
    replied

Are the tables provided by the hotel? I will need a 6' table just for all my stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Taterworks
    replied

I'll be staying at the Hyatt Place, where the event is being held. I have Paul Carmody for Friday night, but if anyone will be there on Thursday night and just needs the room for that one night and can make separate arrangements for Friday night then I'm open to that as well. If there are no takers it's no real tragedy.

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

I mentioned the DIY when I called and there were no discounts. The price came out to $110 and I'm sharing the room so not bad.

On another note, my towers are done (such as the paint is) and my sub is nearly done. Last panel drying now. I doubt I will have time to put a finish on it though.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied
    Re: Swap meet at InDIYana 2011?

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Absolutely! There will be at least one table for the swap-meet items.

Glad to hear you are coming up, Phil!
    See you then,
    Wolf
    Phil,

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Re: Swap meet at InDIYana 2011?

Originally posted by PEB View Post
    Is there any interest in holding a small swap meet at the event?

I have several odd drivers that I'd like to sell for cheap. These aren't even listed on my sale page. Most are one-off's, and so can be used for center channel, or else combined with a similar one-off for stereo pair.

I'm still kicking myself for not thinking to take them to the AK fest last year.

No, I will not post them online anywhere, it is too much trouble, and I only want a few bucks for each unit.

Thanks,
    Phil Bamberg
    Absolutely! There will be at least one table for the swap-meet items.

Glad to hear you are coming up, Phil!
    See you then,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• PEB
    replied
    Swap meet at InDIYana 2011?

Is there any interest in holding a small swap meet at the event?

I have several odd drivers that I'd like to sell for cheap. These aren't even listed on my sale page. Most are one-off's, and so can be used for center channel, or else combined with a similar one-off for stereo pair.

I'm still kicking myself for not thinking to take them to the AK fest last year.

No, I will not post them online anywhere, it is too much trouble, and I only want a few bucks for each unit.

Thanks,
    Phil Bamberg

Leave a comment:

• Taterworks
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    The center channel is kinda a weird thing to bring, as we usually can't sum to mono to get all the sounds where they need to be. If you are okay with listening on a left or right channel in singly, then bring it, or just bring it so others can see it.
    If you're still bringing the center channel, you'd be in luck - the Levinson No.38 has a 'mono' button that sums the stereo source to mono and then sends to both amp channels.

Just FYI.

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Ed, I sent you a direct email on this.
    Paul

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
    Does anyone have a spare bed? I'm checking before making reservations...;)

Leave a comment:

• edlafontaine
    replied

Does anyone have a spare bed? I'm checking before making reservations...;)

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

I don't know if they'll do anything or not, and I have no confirmation that they will, but our group attending the conference room is labeled "DIY Speaker Builders". Mention it and see what happens!?!?

So no, it's not a requirement.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

I thought I read somewhere that if we were staying at the hotel, there was no discount or anything like that. Just double checking since I can't find that post. I didn't specify the event in my reservation and there's no need to correct? Do we get chocolates or a free Miller lite or anything if we mention the InDIYana 2011 ?? :D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X