Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    Re: Gettin' time to plan InDIYana 2011!!!

I wanted to make sure I didn't have you on the list twice. I could see the posts at AC, and I asked Dave to put that up for me. I can't register at AC, it says it's not available at the moment or disabled, so I couldn't comment on the development over there. I'm glad to see it let you register here finally.

Even if you don't have anything to bring, or just don't bring anything, the event is more for musical enjoyment and 'com'meraderie. :D

I would hope Dave would make it too, but he is in NM after all....
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• tms0425
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Sure thing! Hope you can make it!

This is the second time for Ft. Wayne location. Auburn held in 2009, and Richmond before that 2 years. It seems we get a lot more attendees from the north in Ft Wayne and Auburn, on top of the surrounding states. Not to mention that the venue last year was highly favored, and pretty much requested for a repeat location.

If you are really close, it is possible we could have lunch or something between now and then. Say- Are you the Tom S from Audio Circle?
    Later,
    Wolf
    Yes, that be me, one in the same! Thanks to Dave E for the head's up on it so hopefully I can make it depending on schedule.

Not sure I have much to offer in terms of projects. I built some GR dual OB servo subs last year, but they're pretty crude, basically just to suit my purposes. They are the bass half of Danny's Super V's. Always looking for new ideas though.

Thanks,

Tom

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    2 Sponsors!!

1- Pi Audio Group: http://www.piaudiogroup.com/
    2- Something from a fellow DIYer, whom will remain anonymous at this time.
    3- Zaph donated some ZA14's.

I'll be sending out queries this coming week, so wish me luck!
    Dirk should be setting up the webpage, so that is pending. Thanks much, Huck'! :D

Later,
    Wolf
    Last edited by Wolf; 01-27-2011, 03:30 AM. Reason: added another sponsor....

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
    Thanks Jeff. It's something that is very personal and I love to share when asked.
    You sound like my kinda guy

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
    Hey Ben, that weekend is the weekend that it looks like AKFest will be held on as well. I don't know if anybody else will have a conflict with that, but I will. Is there any chance of changing to the next weekend?
    Doesn't really look like it, Ryan. Everbody was giving a general concensus of the weekend I chose, and I'd prefer to keep it in April. I wasn't aware of that though....
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Re: We still require a website....

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
    I'll be your huckleberry.

Still keep strange-arsed hours, Ben? If so, I'll give you a call Friday night and we'll figure this out.
    I absolutely do! I'll be home just shy of midnight depending on the snow...or the company forcing 4 hours overtime since we're off Monday.
    Thanks, Dirk!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• DoubleTap
    replied

Hey Ben, that weekend is the weekend that it looks like AKFest will be held on as well. I don't know if anybody else will have a conflict with that, but I will. Is there any chance of changing to the next weekend?

Leave a comment:

• dian1511
    replied

Dirk,

Hope you can make it. Go Packers!

Leave a comment:

• dian1511
    replied

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
    Whoa Darren. You must have been on a South Seas Island. It is January here in FL.

Hey Maynard,

Good catch. Damn, nothing gets by you guys. I was going to use the excuse that I'm on Singapore time, but I think they're also in January! I'll fess up, it's this really good leafy stuff I've been using to perfume my surroundings. Aromatics! That's it!

Darren

Leave a comment:

• Dirk
    replied
    Re: We still require a website....

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    I have one sponsor already, so I need:

-a link to this snowballing thread.
    -a place to host a set of links to sponsors.
    -InDIYana 2011 title at the top of the page.
    -Brief information about the event.

Any takers? I'm not website-savvy, so I'm not sure I can do this, unless someone gives it to me SUPER EASY! on how to do so. I don't want to learn HTML.

Later,
    Wolf
    I'll be your huckleberry.

Still keep strange-arsed hours, Ben? If so, I'll give you a call Friday night and we'll figure this out.

Leave a comment:

• Dirk
    replied

Originally posted by dian1511 View Post
    Hi Guys,

It's December. I guess time to hang up my golf clubs (in Wisconsin) and focus on speakers. I've been absent for several months. That happens to us "non-hardcore" builders. Other aspects of life seem to whisk us away.

I plan on attending the Indiana meet. It has always been a great time. Hope to catch up with folks and check out all the great builds I've been reading about.

Darren
    Happens to the hardcore, too. :rolleyes:

I'm still on the fence--gotta make sure that Angie can get that weekend off from work.

Leave a comment:

• maynardg
    replied

Whoa Darren. You must have been on a South Seas Island. It is January here in FL.

Originally posted by dian1511 View Post
    Hi Guys,

It's December. I guess time to hang up my golf clubs (in Wisconsin) and focus on speakers. I've been absent for several months. That happens to us "non-hardcore" builders. Other aspects of life seem to whisk us away.

I plan on attending the Indiana meet. It has always been a great time. Hope to catch up with folks and check out all the great builds I've been reading about.

Darren

Leave a comment:

• dian1511
    replied

Hi Guys,

Darren

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by rtkelly View Post
    I vote for the pizza!;) Rollie
    I looked into that as well...

You are more then welcome to provide your own food in the meeting room. The only thing we ask is that you're able to provide all of the utensils, plates, napkins.... everything needed to serve the event.
    The times you have noted work perfectly!
    Please let me know if you can think of other questions or concerns.
    Have a wonderful evening!
    Thank you,
    Angie
    So- Friday we would be able to order a stack of pizzas! I'll have the local pizza hut number on hand so that becomes an option.
    Should we make this a collective thing? I don't see any reason why we could not have someone bring the plates, plasticware, pop (this is Indiana after all, it ain't soda here!)

As with last year though, fellas- the hotel has a policy against amassed drinking alcohol of the attendees. I should hope you abide by that and allow a third year at the Hyatt Place if there should be another event.

Later,
    Wolf
    Last edited by Wolf; 01-15-2011, 02:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
    Encourage individuals to provide write-ups, or as much info as possible for documentation. Get approval from the front desk for use of their copier, with cost per sheet known up front.
    Hey, Ed-
    Your request has been granted!! Though kinda salty...

We would be more than happy to copy the documents at $.50 per page.
    Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thank you!!
    Angie
    There is your answer there...
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X