Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lepai LP-2020A+ (Need pic of working circuit board)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lepai LP-2020A+ (Need pic of working circuit board)

I bought 2 Lepai amps from, both were DOA. Everything turns on but no audio output. I think they made a soildering mistake, with no path to ground. If someone has a picture of a working model, that would help.

Re: Lepai LP-2020A+ (Need pic of working circuit board)

I had this same thing happen to me about two weeks ago. I ordered mine from parts-express so I called them up and they just sent me a new one. I have both still so I could potentially take some photos if needed.
    samnoblett.com

Comment

PE is great. Offerred me a refund. I'm going to buy a Datyon DTA-100a to show my appreciation.

Still, if it's fixable, I'd like to fix it.

Comment

Can you hear the relay kick in right away? Sometimes these amps take 20-30min before they click on, something wrong with the relay circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by jared View Post
          Can you hear the relay kick in right away? Sometimes these amps take 20-30min before they click on, something wrong with the relay circuit.
          Yeah I think it's the relay as well (OMRON G5PA-2). I'm going to try a higher input signal. How would you test the relay independently or bypass it??

Comment

Is this what you were looking for; picture-wise? And, yes, this one does work.
            Attached Files

Comment

I just fixed my amp actually, on mine, the cap under the purple paper wires was reversed. Unfortunately I didn't notice what the number on it was. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a common problem.
              samnoblett.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sam N. View Post
                I just fixed my amp actually, on mine, the cap under the purple paper wires was reversed. Unfortunately I didn't notice what the number on it was. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a common problem.
                Can you circle it in the PCB?

Comment

I got the answer from diyaudio. someone there suggested that the pwr adapter wasn't putting out 12v but closer to 13.5 and he was right. I had a spare ext HD adapter that was 12v and 2A as well. Swapped it for the lepai one and the amp is now working.

(SQ, imho, sucks...)

Comment

I know that you got your problem handled and I was a little slow to respond but I figured I would post what capacitor was reversed on mine in case if anyone else ever wanders upon the thread with the same questions.
                    Attached Files
                    samnoblett.com

Comment

I'm wondering if the two issues are related. Maybe the cap is not backwards, but flipping it makes the voltage issue go away lol. btw... I know some caps have polarity and some don't. The caps do?

Comment

that particular cap does specify polarity and it goes against what is printed on the circuit board. it was the only difference I could find between the working and non-working example I had.
                        samnoblett.com

Comment

Working...
                        X