Your thoughts on my cabinet design ? Just renderings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on my cabinet design ? Just renderings

Just want to know what people think of the design. The color is probably going to be red just to make a statement when you see them. I Google Scetched them up in with actual measurements and a mock up of my small living room.
    I basically want to know , if you like the design aesthetics of it ? I know they are rather large but the enclosure design calls for it.

Thanks ,
    JB

Re: Your thoughts on my cabinet design ? Just renderings

Trying to clone a Wilson Sasha?
    Vapor Audio

Comment

It's more like the Sophia after seeing them in person I really liked look. So I changed it up a bit to match the drivers I want to use.
      If you have ever seen the Sophia's in person it's almost the exact size and shape.
      Thanks ,
      JB

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
        Trying to clone a Wilson Sasha?
        So do you like the way they look ?
        Thanks ,
        JB

Comment

Looks good!!! If you can achieve 1/10th the sound of the Sophia's you have done yourself well.

Comment

Never heard any Wilson's, myself, but I dig the look. Go for it!

Mark
            You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Nice looking cab, the red should be killer.

I've been thinking along the same lines for my CV box rebuild simply for the aesthetics.

Comment

The nice thing about sketchup is that you can use it to figure out all those angle cuts, instead of having to be a mathematician. I say go for it, looks killer! I love seeing complex angled boxes, especially when they're DIY, it takes a lot of work to make everything fit together right. Looks like fun though.
                My modest builds:
                Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                Armadillo Center Channel
                Au-Rock-O Sub
                Tarkus
                Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

I say go for it, but I don't the look. It's not your fault; I've seen very similar designs and just never liked the shape of speakers that look like that. On the other hand, others like them and even if you think they're ugly, I'm sure you'll be a better builder after it's done. I still those type of speakers are ugly ...not yours in particular though.

Comment

Originally posted by mzisserson View Post
                    Looks good!!! If you can achieve 1/10th the sound of the Sophia's you have done yourself well.
                    :rolleyes: Anyone who applies themselves in learning speaker design and crossover theory and uses correct procedure can easily meet or exceed any manufactured speaker out there. It's not magic it's about scientific reality.

Comment

I'm w/ OCD. IF you want something dramatic w/ similar designs. Search for the Blades. That is a more esthetic, dramatic design IMO.
                      I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
                      OS MTMs http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=220388
                      Swope TM http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=221818
                      Econowave and Audio Nirvana AN10 fullrange http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=216841
                      Imperial Russian Stouts http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...=1#post1840444
                      LECBOS. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ghlight=lecbos

Comment

A bit clunky looking, if I'm honest. Try to get some curves in there. Maybe big fat roundovers on the vertical edges... something.

Should be some awesome full rangers there. Keep us posted!
                        Form does not follow function
                        Form is simultaneous to function

Comment

They will look great, esp. with a huge presence. Go for it!
                          Tim

Comment

They look good. What drivers are you considering?
                            "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Face View Post
                              They look good. What drivers are you considering?
                              SEAS 27TBFC/G (H1212) Aluminum 1" tweeter

SB Acoustics SB15NRXC30-8-UC 5" Paper Woofer

Dayton Audio RS270-8 Aluminum 10" Woofer

Crossover points will be at 250 hz and 2100 hz .

Hoping to have it done before April . At least that's my plan .
                              Thanks ,
                              JB

Comment

Working...
                              X