PE to the rescue!! Thank you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PE to the rescue!! Thank you.

I don't know if this is the right place to post but, I recently had my order stolen and PE came to my rescue. The fed ex delivered my package on Saturday and apparantly within minutes of the delivery, someone stole it. (I was in the bathroom and when I opened the door, there was a note of delivery but, no package...nothing) I was devasted and disheartened and plain ****** off feeling violated and depressed at the state of humanity.
    I called Fed EX but they couldn't help me because I signed for the package and I was out of luck, so I tried PE to let them know what happened. They were more than helpful and understanding through the whole process and told me a replacement will be sent out free of cost as they are insured. I am aware PE already has great customer svc and they reinforced it again in a big way. I have been a customer for a while now and will be a customer for life.. Thanks PE.

Re: PE to the rescue!! Thank you.

Yeah, they definitely have the best customer service and support of any company I've dealt with!

Comment

WOW! That IS going the extra mile for the customer.

I will add that I have been impressed by PE's customer service the few times I did have a problem with my order. I believe that they have an excellent reputation, based on what I have come across in the past few years around here...

Kudos to you (all), PE!

-Charlie
      Charlie's Audio Pages: http://audio.claub.net

Comment

Hip, hip, hooooooraaaaaaay.
        " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
        Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
        http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

That's Awesome !!!

Though I have never had a problem to complain about with PE. They have always shipped out my products very fast and usually the same day I ordered or the next morning.
          Thanks ,
          JB

Comment

That's great PE came to your rescue but I'm confused. You said, "I was in the bathroom and when I opened the door, there was a note of delivery but, no package...nothing", and then after you called them, FedEx said "they couldn't help me because I signed for the package..." How could you have signed for the package when you were in the bathroom when the package was delivered? What am I missing or not understanding?
            Paul

Originally posted by cny View Post
            I don't know if this is the right place to post but, I recently had my order stolen and PE came to my rescue. The fed ex delivered my package on Saturday and apparantly within minutes of the delivery, someone stole it. (I was in the bathroom and when I opened the door, there was a note of delivery but, no package...nothing) I was devasted and disheartened and plain ****** off feeling violated and depressed at the state of humanity.
            I called Fed EX but they couldn't help me because I signed for the package and I was out of luck, so I tried PE to let them know what happened. They were more than helpful and understanding through the whole process and told me a replacement will be sent out free of cost as they are insured. I am aware PE already has great customer svc and they reinforced it again in a big way. I have been a customer for a while now and will be a customer for life.. Thanks PE.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
              That's great PE came to your rescue but I'm confused. You said, "I was in the bathroom and when I opened the door, there was a note of delivery but, no package...nothing", and then after you called them, FedEx said "they couldn't help me because I signed for the package..." How could you have signed for the package when you were in the bathroom when the package was delivered? What am I missing or not understanding?
              Paul

I couldn't figure that out, either.

Comment

I guess he had to go "really" bad and didn't have time to bring the package inside...:p

All joking aside, it is refreshing to know that PE keeps true to a foundational premise of retail--customer satisfaction. Way to go PE--you have most certainly earned my loyalty based on the few orders I have made and from the numerous first-hand accounts of other customers!
                Jason

"In my opinion, there are more tactful ways to state your opinion."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                  Paul
                  I'm guessing FedEx tried to deliver the day before and he wasn't home. so he may have left the signed delivery note on his door. FedEx will leav the package then. I've done this a few times, but never had anyone steal my loot.

And I agree PE has the greatest customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. Only had one minor issues, and they took care of it in a flash. They have me as a customer for life, even if I can find the product elsewhere for less.
                  My Home Theater Build thread
                  My DIY Speaker builds

My Gear:
                  Emotiva XMC-1
                  Emotiva XPR-2
                  Emotiva XPA-5
                  Clearwave Dynamics 4T and 4CC (mains)
                  Paradigm Millennia LP (surrounds)
                  Oppo 103D
                  Mede8er 600X3D w/ 4TB
                  Marantz CD-5004
                  AppleTV
                  JVC RS-4910 Projector
                  100" Screen Innovations Pure Gray Screen w/ LED kit
                  APC Uninterrupted Power Supply (x2)
                  iRule controlling it all....

Comment

I also realized that it may be confusing. What happened was that this was the 3rd delivery attemp and I signed the form to leave it outside my door just in case I missed the driver as I had issues with Fed Ex delivery person previously not bringing my packages up (3rd floor apartment) due to heavy weight but claiming they came up and knocked on my door.
                    I was anxious to receive the item so I was home all day waiting for it and also signed the slip as a "just in case" measure to avoid problems I had in the past. I checked the door and looked out window from time to time throughout the day. As luck will have it, the Fed Ex man apparantly came while I was in the bathroom. When I got out, I checked the door to see if they came by and sure enough they did but no package to be found. I called Fed Ex and found that I missed him by minutes.. I was dumbfounded and couldn't belive it. I thought it must be a mistake... I live in a apartment complex and I think my neighbor heard or saw the delivery guy, noticed the drop, and retrived my package as soon as the guy left. Sad really. I kicked myself for not being more careful but more I think about it I really shouldn't have to worry about such things and it'll not my fault for having faith in society. Maybe I was naive...

Comment

Originally posted by cny View Post
                      I also realized that it may be confusing. What happened was that this was the 3rd delivery attemp and I signed the form to leave it outside my door just in case I missed the driver as I had issues with Fed Ex delivery person previously not bringing my packages up (3rd floor apartment) due to heavy weight but claiming they came up and knocked on my door.
                      I was anxious to receive the item so I was home all day waiting for it and also signed the slip as a "just in case" measure to avoid problems I had in the past. I checked the door and looked out window from time to time throughout the day. As luck will have it, the Fed Ex man apparantly came while I was in the bathroom. When I got out, I checked the door to see if they came by and sure enough they did but no package to be found. I called Fed Ex and found that I missed him by minutes.. I was dumbfounded and couldn't belive it. I thought it must be a mistake... I live in a apartment complex and I think my neighbor heard or saw the delivery guy, noticed the drop, and retrived my package as soon as the guy left. Sad really. I kicked myself for not being more careful but more I think about it I really shouldn't have to worry about such things and it'll not my fault for having faith in society. Maybe I was naive...
                      You should get one of those fake security camera's or, if you have the money, a real one. Make sure you put it were it can be seen.
                      Dave
                      http://www.pellegreneacoustics.com/

Trench Seam Method for MDF
                      https://picasaweb.google.com/101632266659473725850

Comment

Put a note on the door of your suspected neighbor/thief thanking him for picking up your FEDX package while you were out (mention that you saw him on your on your peephole camera). Tell him to please let you know when he gets home so you can retrieve the package.

If he doesn't bite on the bluff, try another neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by dwigle View Post
                          Put a note on the door of your suspected neighbor/thief thanking him for picking up your FEDX package while you were out (mention that you saw him on your on your peephole camera). Tell him to please let you know when he gets home so you can retrieve the package.

Nice idea....

On a similar note about PE's great customer service, I really didn't think it was possible these days. Reminds me of story my mom told me...

My Mom had an unusual dedication to all things Sears/Kenmore.
                          Back in 1955, going to Sears was a reason to get dressed up, and many families would do ALL their shopping there. One Christmas week, she said the whole family (4 kids, mom dad) spent most the day in Sears shopping for all the gifts, purchased, and took everything out to the station wagon. Grandpa remembered something they missed, so they all went back in for a min. When they came out, all the presents were gone, gifts for 15+ family members, all the savings for a year.
                          Grandpa was distraught and went back inside to notify management. Not to complain with a sense of entitlement, just to inform them, as he was old school stand on your own type, (WW2 vet, greatest generation). It just so happened when he was notifying a middle manager, the store manager walked up, listed to what happened, and said this.
                          "Go back through the store, pick out everything you bought. Merry Christmas"

I am pretty sure they were not "insured" for that type of thing back then.

Just thought I would share...

I am honestly surprised PE is insured for that. That is great service.
                          My projects
                          https://picasaweb.google.com/112307725038877176664

Comment

Great story on PE and on Sears. With PE it's a cultural thing - they all treat the customer that way because it's what they believe. And while it 'may' happen in other stores these days it's a decision of the manager, not a corporate philosophy.

Really, how often do you find 'fans' of an actual store anymore? Parts Express has 'em by the hundreds!

Comment

Originally posted by dwigle View Post

Actually I thought about that. I have a pretty good idea of which neighbor did it. I saw him smoking outside so I asked him if " he seen the Fedex man" on Saturday by chance. He said he did see him but the guy just left a note.
                              That's impossible b/c the note was already hanging with my signature on the door. So after this conversation, I am 99% sure it was him but not having the actual evidence, I can't prove it, and makes it that much worse because I know it was him but, can't do anything legally to prove it. I wanted to pounce of the guy like a tiger but, that'll just get me in trouble. From what I hear from my other neighbors, the guy just got out prison not too long ago so it kind of makes sense. I am looking to move from this place but I am reporting it to the managment and the police anyway to warn others who live in this community. Again, if it wasn't for PE , I would be much worst off.

Comment

Working...
                              X