Paging Ed LaFontaine re:OSB 'Hay-bails'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paging Ed LaFontaine re:OSB 'Hay-bails'

It is too easy to have more pressure on one side than the other...and not sand flat. Start out with only enough pressure to control the position of the sander...very little down force is needed. After the first pass, reposition yourself or the material by 180 degrees...or 120...or 90...you got options...
    Mongo only pawn in game of life
    ____
    Ed

Comment

Re: OT

Unfortunately the Buckeyes ladies lost today to Tennessee, so the NCAA tournament is no longer of any interest to this household. On to the end of the NBA season and its playoffs. Go Lakers!
      Paul

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
      Very disappointing outcome for the Buckeyes and their fans. Couldn't have been a worse combination, good defense by Kentucky and poor shooting by OSU (some of the former contributed to the latter, of course). And, OSU missed at least 6 free throws to boot. There were many cases of "what if" that could have changed the outcome, but I was surprised at the way OSU defended Kentucky on the last possession. I would have thought OSU would have applied more pressure when Kentucky in-bounded and came down the floor, but I assume OSU was afraid of getting called for a foul. And I had to stay up past my bedtime to see the Buckeyes lose!:( Now hopefully the Buckeye women will win their game today against Tennessee and carry the torch a little further.
      Paul

Comment

Re: Paging Ed LaFontaine re:OSB 'Hay-bails'

Originally posted by edlafontaine View Post
        It is too easy to have more pressure on one side than the other...and not sand flat. Start out with only enough pressure to control the position of the sander...very little down force is needed. After the first pass, reposition yourself or the material by 180 degrees...or 120...or 90...you got options...
        You could always try the "lapping board" (or whatever a good name for one of these should be) angle... Take a large sanding belt, cut it into two strips, get some good double sided tape, and tape them down on a wide hunk of MDF. Lay box on board and sand back and forth, round and round. Wax on, Wax off... ;)

If your box isn't too big, this will work fine and keep you from doing the uneven thing. I did a 10"x 17"x12.5" clone of the PE .75cu' box with one of these made with a 6"x48" belt. Worked great, and a great upper body workout too... :D

Some clear filler might be an idea as well, to level out some of those deep spaces, if you want it really smooth.

It's great to see someone use this stuff, Ed... I've thought about trying it before, and it looks even better than I thought it might.

Comment

Working...
        X