Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Test results for Scan-speak, Vifa, and Wavecor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Test results for Scan-speak, Vifa, and Wavecor

Augerpro measured the HO version. Exceptional performance through the mid range.
    How does it model in a vented box?
    Vapor Audio

Comment

FYI, here's the spec sheet for the Wavecor

http://www.solen.ca/pdf/wavecor/WF152BD03_04.pdf
      Vapor Audio

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
        How does it model in a vented box?
        80L tuned to 40Hz using a 4" diameter, 4.5" long port, gives F3 at 40Hz, capable of hitting 115dB from 36Hz on up.

Can you imagine a pair of them in the room? HOLY @H!z][

Really unlimited dynamics with your 1000W amp, as long as you're not pushing stuff below about 32Hz. If you want a woofer to keep up with that snappy 6600, this is it.

I want to use that big 10" WG and a 91dB tweeter, with that woofer, crossed around 700Hz.
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Hey, thank you for posting those!

I've been looking for a mid exactly like that wavecor, and now I guess I've found it. Unless it should be the vifa instead..

I think the winners are ...us! Those look like great drivers, the prices seem reasonable, and now we have measurements to evaluate by and work from. Can we ask for more than that?

thanks again,

Gordon
          Gordon
          --------------------
          Speaker projects:
          Microbe: http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...Picture005.jpg
          Extremish: http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...h/IMG_0013.jpg
          Seas27TBFCG/VifaXT18: http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...Picture155.jpg
          in progress: http://s234.photobucket.com/user/gor...-way%20project

Comment

Originally posted by NyxOne View Post
            Thanks for sharing. I got a pair of VIFA NE810 @ home so this information is really useful! Looks like I've picked a winner! Distortion is really low on these. Now all I need is a tweeter to team them with ... hummm maybe a SS D2604-833000! ;)

All those driver looks like winner to me ... except for the price for both woofer!

Chuck
            That is exactly what I was thinking of. It looks like Scan-Speak has made some significant improvements on what most thought were just vifa retreads.

The Wavecors are going in a center channel. Paying around $120/ea for the performance that those Wavecor drivers give is not a bad deal at all, although I paid much less on ebay from a private seller. The Peerless exclusive have similar performance for less, but I don't think I'll ever warm up to those silver frames and phase plug. The Wavecor full size tweeters look interesting also.

Chris
            Last edited by czag; 03-26-2011, 02:29 PM.
            Chris

Goofing around since 2000.

Comment

Hello, I have a few questions.

You have the paper based wavecor, correct?

Does it have a sticky coating?

Could you post CSD graphs of the above drivers? I realize FR graphs have the same info, but it is easier to visualize resonances with a CSD graph.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by michaelbz View Post
                Hello, I have a few questions.

You have the paper based Wavecor, correct?

Does it have a sticky coating?

Could you post CSD graphs of the above drivers? I realize FR graphs have the same info, but it is easier to visualize resonances with a CSD graph.

Thank you
                Yes, they are the paper based cones. I do not have these back yet, but the WF120BD04(s) that I have are the paper based cones also. They definetly coated, but it is not sticky and no tacky feel to it at all, not at all like the coated slit cone Scan-speaks I used to have. The Scan-Speaks were sticky and seemed to attract dust like a magnet, no such problem with the Wavecor(s).

Here is the CSD for the WF152BD03:

[IMG][/IMG]

Chris
                Chris

Comment

The WaveCor is $123, not $60?
                  "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
                    The WaveCor is $123, not $60?
                    Right, but there aren't really any drivers that match its' combination of smooth extended response and low HD for less. The Peerless exclusive comes close, but is not quite as extended and is kind of ugly to my eyes.

Chris
                    Chris

Comment

sorry if I reply to a thread of five years ago.
                      I would be very intrested to know if the tweeter Scanspeak D2604-833000 has no ferrofluid, i'm very intrested to this.
                      someone has opened for inspection?
                      thanks in advance
                      Last edited by Audio4me; 02-02-2015, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X