No announcement yet.

My RS180 MTM Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm about ready to button mine up. Reverse the polarity on the tweeter or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by kraigo View Post
      I'm about ready to button mine up. Reverse the polarity on the tweeter or not?
      Why do you ask? If you are building my design then you should follow the schematic I posted and keep the tweeter in normal polarity. Reversing it would give you a deep null in the response.
      Jeff
      Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

• I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything. Thanks Jeff.

Comment

• Well, so much for those baffles (other than as a template). I guess I won't be listening to these tonight.

I wanted to do threaded inserts for the woofers to ease the pain should I have to open them up later. As accurate as I tried to be, it wasn't good enough. Add the super glue to the equation plus stripping out inserts while trying to get them out and you've got quite a mess. They'll be good templates for the next set.

Thank God I held off until everything else was done before gluing them in.

KO

Comment

• FWIW, that was a relatively cheap learning experience (I think - haven't priced the baffles yet). It's all part of diving into this hobby. The dog is in no danger of getting kicked (not that she'd ever be).

Comment

• Just use the black sheet metal screws PE sells to mount your drivers on your new baffles. Quite secure, so much easier.

In fact, you could probably save those baffles by knocking out the inserts, drilling a hole at each insert location, and filling with wood dowel. Proceed with pilot holes and sheet metal screws or wood screws.
              Last edited by djg; 10-16-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, I've even got the screws around. In fact I'd resigned myself to use them on the tweeter because the screw holes were so close to the edge - too tight, IMO. I'll probably try to salvage the existing baffles. It costs nothing.

Thanks!

KO

Comment

• Sorry if it's been covered already, but, can the non shielded RS180-4 be used in the series design?
                  Also is there a reduced bsc crossover so these can be used for near wall placement?

Thanks,
                  Wayne

Comment

• Originally posted by wlg View Post
                    Sorry if it's been covered already, but, can the non shielded RS180-4 be used in the series design?
                    Also is there a reduced bsc crossover so these can be used for near wall placement?

Thanks,
                    Wayne
                    I used the non-shielded 4 ohm version
                    Can't offer anything about BSC. My front baffle is about 26 inches from the rear wall

Comment

Working...
                    X