• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Schumacher
    replied
    Re: My RS180 MTM Design

Originally posted by foxfire3 View Post
    I wonder if Pete's has a lower crossover point with the larger 33uF cap.?
    Probably just a touch, more like 1500 if I can remember correctly. It's been a long time since I modeled that up.

What I find refreshing is that my XO attempt is so close to Jeff's. I just went with the cheap option by subbing a small cap and resistor for the small inductor to make the tank.

:p

Leave a comment:

• foxfire3
    replied

Originally posted by robertclark View Post
    Here you go....................

[ATTACH]15112[/ATTACH]
    I wonder if Pete's has a lower crossover point with the larger 33uF cap.?

Leave a comment:

• robertclark
    replied

Post the XO I sent you. I'd like to see how close the woofer XOs are to each other. They're both real simple.
    Here you go....................

Leave a comment:

• fastbike1
    replied

You are being way too modest. There are several designers here whose designs offer much to learn. You are definitely one of them. ;)

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    I intended to post this chart too, but forgot. Here are the transfer functions for the crossover for those that are interested in this.

There was more interest in this design than I anticipated. Thanks, guys.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by fastbike1 View Post
    It's a 1 cubic foot box tuned to 40 Hz. Any box program will give you the set of dimensions that will achieve 40 Hz.
    That would be my suggestion. I would have to call the studio to have someone tell me exactly what diameter and length they are, as I do not remember exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

I intended to post this chart too, but forgot. Here are the transfer functions for the crossover for those that are interested in this.

There was more interest in this design than I anticipated. Thanks, guys.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• fastbike1
    replied

It's a 1 cubic foot box tuned to 40 Hz. Any box program will give you the set of dimensions that will achieve 40 Hz.

Originally posted by upsman View Post
    Jeff What are the dimensions of the port used.......Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by robertclark View Post
    I may do that one day. Right now I have the "Seas flavored" version (27TDFC/G) with some Pete Shumacker designed crossovers in them.
    Post the XO I sent you. I'd like to see how close the woofer XOs are to each other. They're both real simple.

Leave a comment:

• cwad8505
    replied

Well..dang.. Now I MUST build these! soon as I finish my Nano NTN's and Zaph BAMTM..this stuff is like crack for the ears..Highly addictive! Thanks again Jeff for a beatiful design both externally and electronically..
    Thanks,
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• upsman
    replied

The port tuning is at 40Hz. I do not know where it is being crossed over at to the sub, that is being done by the studio tech.

Jeff What are the dimensions of the port used.......Thanks

Leave a comment:

• fntn
    replied

Just a wee bit simpler crossover than the NatP or Marsh's elliptical / 4th order. It's a beautiful thing when a simpler approach is good enough and works.

Leave a comment:

• DjDisturbed
    replied

They look great in the pictures and on paper.

Leave a comment:

• robertclark
    replied

No, I didn't. They wanted it shielded, and I had experience with the RS28a, but I have not yet used the RS28F. You're welcome to substitute and adjust as needed.
    I may do that one day. Right now I have the "Seas flavored" version (27TDFC/G) with some Pete Shumacker designed crossovers in them.

Leave a comment:

• jackm11
    replied

Thanks Jeff.
    I love simple crossovers, save time, money and space.

Leave a comment:

• jclin4
    replied

It is absolutely amazing how you achieve such flat response and perfect phase alignment with such a simple crossover! A master at work...

This design reminds me of the Modula MTM and Natalie P's, but both of which have far more complex (and expensive) XO's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X