X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6thplanet
    replied
    Re: My RS180 MTM Design

Which tweeter did you use and did you use the original crossover design? Also assuming you used the RS180-8's in parallel?

Leave a comment:

• JCC
    replied

Where did you get that carbon fiber fabric. I like that.

Leave a comment:

• ontariomaximus
    replied

Nice job!

Leave a comment:

• cwad8505
    replied

Thought I'd share a couple of completed photos of my cc of this design. Keep in mind, I'm no photographer and these photos were taken with my phone. Very pleased thus far but haven't got a ton of listening time in. Thanks for the design, Jeff!! I would have posted a build thread, however, I forgot to stop and take pictures along the way. 3/4 MDF with a Latex in satin black finish. Baffle is wrapped in the faux carbon fiber fabric and countersunk into the face to match the mains I should have set up for too awfully long.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-26_20-46-56_770.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	650.5 KB
ID:	1143310

Name:	2012-08-05_16-04-54_114.jpg
Size:	454.1 KB
ID:	1143311

Name:	2012-08-05_16-05-07_586.jpg
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	1143312

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by Thomas Brown View Post
    Kinda amazing what one can find with a little search (I am completely being sarcastic, and only directed at myself).

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...esting-finding
    Thanks for finding that. I think you should be good with the non-shielded tweeter based on Paul's measurements.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Brown
    replied

Kinda amazing what one can find with a little search (I am completely being sarcastic, and only directed at myself).

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...esting-finding

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Brown
    replied

Thanks Jeff,

I have been over the thread quite a few times, Pete S said yes to drop in for RS28A.
    The thread just seems to bounce around a little bit (not bad, and not bashing the thread).
    Then there is a few that say no to the drop-in of the RS28A.
    My main intention of asking is so that the end result (if/when built) they are correct. Rule #1 - Don't mess with a Jeff B. design, Rule #2 - Don't mess with a Jeff B. design (the pixies - where is my mind, is on in the background - made me think of Fight Club - the movie.)

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    I thought it was in this thread, but it's been a long time and I haven't looked through here to find it - but I thought it had been tested an established that the two tweeters were in reality much closer than originally believed and that the regular RS28a would work fine. I believe it was Paul Carmody who posted the overlaid response of both to show how close they were. I can't really make the comparison you mentioned without having at the very least, one of each kind of tweeter, and I don not have the "s" version at this time.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by Thomas Brown View Post
    Hey Jeff, If myself or someone else was willing to send you a box/drivers or one of the PE kits that has the RS28A, would you be willing to 'redo' (for lack of a better word) this design for use with the RS28A. since the RS28AS has gone away and is really tough to find used.

It is such a great design, I would love (and by the looks of the responses, so would others) be able to have access to build it without any compromises to your work.

Thank you
    I thought it was in this thread, but it's been a long time and I haven't looked through here to find it - but I thought it had been tested an established that the two tweeters were in reality much closer than originally believed and that the regular RS28a would work fine. I believe it was Paul Carmody who posted the overlaid response of both to show how close they were. I can't really make the comparison you mentioned without having at the very least, one of each kind of tweeter, and I don not have the "s" version at this time.

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Brown
    replied

Hey Jeff, If myself or someone else was willing to send you a box/drivers or one of the PE kits that has the RS28A, would you be willing to 'redo' (for lack of a better word) this design for use with the RS28A. since the RS28AS has gone away and is really tough to find used.

It is such a great design, I would love (and by the looks of the responses, so would others) be able to have access to build it without any compromises to your work.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• fastbike1
    replied

Yesssss. That's what I remembered. Still nice cabs.

Originally posted by cwad8505 View Post
    Yes on the mains.. nothing on the cc, yet. Was just giving a reference to what they'll have the theme of. I need to head over to the other post and update it... Assembly is complete of the mains (poor man's strads variation).

Leave a comment:

• cwad8505
    replied

Yes on the mains.. nothing on the cc, yet. Was just giving a reference to what they'll have the theme of. I need to head over to the other post and update it... Assembly is complete of the mains (poor man's strads variation).

Leave a comment:

• fastbike1
    replied

Did we not see some of the build before? I seem to think so. Anyway, nice work on the cabs.

Originally posted by cwad8505 View Post
    Well...after forever, I've finally gotten around to starting this build as a cc. I'm building it to match the theme of my un-named all active mains (pics). I'll do a quick couple of photos and post them in the Project Gallery section when they are complete. Thanks again, Jeff.. for the design and your assistance with some questions a while back.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]27992[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• cwad8505
    replied

Well...after forever, I've finally gotten around to starting this build as a cc. I'm building it to match the theme of my un-named all active mains (pics). I'll do a quick couple of photos and post them in the Project Gallery section when they are complete. Thanks again, Jeff.. for the design and your assistance with some questions a while back.

Name:	2012-07-16_14-15-55_61.jpg
Size:	573.4 KB
ID:	1143149

Leave a comment:

• coniacvsop
    replied

Great. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• mike price
    replied

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=260-480

^^^^^^^^
    I used that port , untrimmed , on the back baffle directly behind the tweeter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X