help with a few things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a few things

Hello, i just received my parts express order today, and i had some problems. 1 i bought a pair of tweeters (279-051) and 2 faceplates (279-059) without double checking to make sure that it would work. Now i'm wondering if i can super glue or such, the face plate to the tweeter as long as i don't put it around the cone just on the metal. i know i could just return the stuff, but i don't particularly want to pay shipping, and i like the way it sounds so i'd like to find a way to work with it.

My other problem is that on this horn tweet (270-049) one of the plastic horns was knocked off in shipping (i have to say parts express really let me down with shipping, not very much safe stuff, and alot of stuff just tossed in) but anyway, would some glue or tape around the edges be ok, it sounds fine if you put the horn back into place, it's just loose. Suggestions would be nice.

Re: help with a few things

Originally posted by dtkeith View Post
    Hello, i just received my parts express order today, and i had some problems. 1 i bought a pair of tweeters (279-051) and 2 faceplates (279-059) without double checking to make sure that it would work. Now i'm wondering if i can super glue or such, the face plate to the tweeter as long as i don't put it around the cone just on the metal. i know i could just return the stuff, but i don't particularly want to pay shipping, and i like the way it sounds so i'd like to find a way to work with it.

My other problem is that on this horn tweet (270-049) one of the plastic horns was knocked off in shipping (i have to say parts express really let me down with shipping, not very much safe stuff, and alot of stuff just tossed in) but anyway, would some glue or tape around the edges be ok, it sounds fine if you put the horn back into place, it's just loose. Suggestions would be nice.
    They'll replace the busted piece most likely. Might not even ask you to send back the broken one as cheap as it is.

As for the other items, gluing is certainly an option. A small amount of two part epoxy should do the trick. The real question is whether the faceplate matches properly to the dome without interfering in any way with the movement of dome and surround.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

the faceplate is other then there being no way to mount it a perfect match, and i'll contact PE and see what they think about the horn i suppose

Comment

Definitely call them about the parts broken in shipment. They will make good on it if it was not properly packed.

If they send replacements w/o requiring return of the broken parts, then you can glue them up if you want. If they do require them to be returned, then you can also think about return the parts you may not want to keep.

Comment

ok... So just call up PE and report a broken part and then they will go from there? and if i do ship it back, and they pay, can i put other things in the box too, to return, is that what was meant by that?

Comment

Originally posted by dtkeith View Post
            ok... So just call up PE and report a broken part and then they will go from there? and if i do ship it back, and they pay, can i put other things in the box too, to return, is that what was meant by that?
            You did kind of read my thoughts. I know they will stand behind their parts damaged in shipping if they were not packed properly. You have nothing to lose by asking about including your return in their package if they require you to return them. I doubt that they will though.....they replaced a defective RS 180 for me once and I still have the defective one.

My main point is to make sure you are satisfied with PE's product--including shipping.

Marv

Comment

Working...
            X