InDIYana liveblog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDIYana liveblog

Been here since 2:00. Heard four or five projects so far.

The Good Farmer Award for being outstanding in his field goes to Maynard (sans hoes) so far. Very well balanced sound and very well done bottom end. The four-stringers sound damn great through these wonderful MTMs with oodles and scads of detail. I wouldn't expect less from him.

Pellegrene just needs to knock it off and make some cool speakers for once ;).

Currently listening to someone's (name to be remembered later) superb TMMs. HDS tweeter with a couple of SEAS Nextel woofers per side. Best I've heard from an HDS tweeter. The Birdseye maple veneer on them is STUNNING.

More to come as things happen.

shawn
    My favorite woofer is a Labrador retriever.

Re: InDIYana liveblog

Up now are Pellegrene's Other Ugly Things (my name because I get all pouty and frowny faced while I drool over Dave's mad wood crafting skillz.) He's getting good at this speaker stuff.

Also, earlier we heard Dan P's MTM RS150 RS 28 project. I'm biased being a long time listener to these same drivers in daily listening speakers but they sound great.

NEWS FLASH: ROBERT/BRIAN HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING!

And a new rule: Steppenwolf will never be listened to at a low volume level. Magic Carpet Ride was meant to be heard blaring from speakers. Shaggin' Wagon Van and inebrient of choice are optional.

shawn

Comment

Mr. Omni, Dan Neubecker, representin'. I just need to take a page from his playbook and build something odd. Maybe it will sound as good as Dan's and maybe they will look good too but I doubt they will come close to his level of slick.

shawn

Edit: Damn they are voiced nicely. Great attention to dynamics.

Comment

Looks to be around 20 or so people in the room. Not bad for a beautiful Friday afternoon. If you have questions about anything shoot a reply to this thread. I'll try to track down the responsible party and grill 'em for ya.

shawn

Comment

Maynard Continuum TLs

Two great tastes that taste great together. Throw Jeff and Maynard in a room together and this is what comes out. As Peggy would say, "So pretty!"

shawn

Comment

Picture test.

Comment

Still workin on pics. But now up are the Karma Indignias. Or, Two Ways To Skin A Cat. Finally get to put my ear to this project. Represents very well. They don't sound too different (if at all) from my take on this driver combo. Midrange performance is maybe a little more chesty than I ended up with in the UE of my Silver Als.

To put it out simple and plain. Pick either the KI or the SA UE, both will do a lot of good sound for very little money.

shawn

Comment

Rory's Firestorms

Tang Band W6-789E woofs, tweeter looks to be TB but don't quote me on that. High-ish sensitivity and image really well. These are the woofers everyone should use when they want a solid basis for an inexpensive project. Rory has a very gentle crossover applied to them and they excel in a lot of ways. Overall a great project.

shawn

Comment

Robert/Brian's Poor Man High End

What's this? My least favorite tweeter sounding like it always does. I can't seem to warm up to the little DQ no matter how often I hear it. SB Acoustics woofer doing it's standard good job. Overheard: Robert thinks the tweeter is straining and I do too. Still not a bad project at all. Pretty decent in all fairness and he did a great job putting it all together.

shawn

Comment

Damn, I wish I was there....:(

But this commentary is the next bestest thing!

Thanks Shawn!

(hoist a couple for me tonight!)

Mark
                    You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Awesome job! Keep it coming! I have to wear my black suit tomorrow (funeral) :(
                      Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Thanks for posting, and please keep it coming. You are doing a great job!

Comment

+1 I've been back 4 times already....

Comment

If you can blog live, you can post pictures live!

but next year We want live video streaming ;)
                            If it doesn't fit, Force it. If it breaks, It needed replacing any ways

Comment

For those following Shawn....
                              http://www.photobucket.com/indiyana2011

Comment

Working...
                              X