OT: Family trajedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Family trajedy

I hate to bring bad news on a holiday, but thought some who know me would like to be informed. You locals may have seen it in on the news, that an Indiana University police officer died from an apparently self inflicted gunshot wound early Saturday morning. That was my son-in-law James, my daughter Christie's husband. They have a 17 month old daughter, Jaya. They were scheduled to close on their first home on Tuesday morning and begin moving out of their apartment next Friday. He attended a couple DIY events and met some of you a couple years back, I think it was InDIYana and Dayton.

This came as a complete shock to everyone who knew him. Because he was a police officer and died while on duty, he will be automatically sent to Terre Haute for an autopsy on Tuesday morning.

We have moved Christie and Jaya into our home and are trying to deal with all the personal and financial fallout as a result. The funeral details are pending, but it will probably be Friday.

Those of you who are spending time with your famlies today, please enjoy them, because you never know if it is the last time you will have the opportunity to do so.
    Dan N.

Re: OT: Family trajedy

Dan, please accept my sincerest condolences and know that you and yours are in my thoughts.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

You and your family are in our thoughts, Dan.

Comment

Oh Dan, what can be said. That's just heartbreaking. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today my friend.
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Dan, I'm so very sorry for your (and your daughter's) loss.

Take care of them, and yourself.

Mark
          You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

:(
            I'm saddend to hear about this, Dan.
            Your family is in my families' thoughts and prayers.

I did meet him at the first InDIYana event (07), and the following Dayton DIY (08). Seemed like a swell lad.

Lord's Peace be upon you,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Dan, I am so sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy. I will be praying for you and your family. Sorry man, like Pete said, this is just heartbreaking.

Jeff
              Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Sorry to hear the awful news, Dan. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
                Bill Schneider
                -+-+-+-+-
                www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

Dan, my thoughts are with you and your family.
                  "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?Ē - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

1-star guy is a jerk...

That one-star guy really has to have some stones to be directing derogatory ratings (or even a star at all, on such a sad note) on a thread about the loss of a loved one.

That's just wrong!
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Dan,

Our thoughts are with you and your family. Take care of them, share your strength and hold them dear.

Marty

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss, Dan. Be strong for your daughter and your family....our prayers are with you all.
                        Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Sorry for your family's loss. I'm sure your love, understanding, and support will help ease your daughter and granddaughter's pain at such a difficult time. I wish you and your family joy and peace in better times ahead.

Comment

thats very sad dan. i hope in time, your daughter and her daughter, as well as the other familie members will grieve and go on to somehow live fruitful lives.
                            im very sorry for your and their loss. my prayers are with all of you.
                            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Such sad news.

Comment

Working...
                              X