Cheap Ribbon Tweek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Ribbon Tweek

This worked on a Fountek CD3.0 and I'm sure it will help with Aurum Cantus,etc as well. RAAL uses foam caps on some of their units to help contour the response. I took the foam caps from their 70-10D tweeter and tried them on the Fountek. It works! Flatter response and can be adjusted according to how many pads used (1 or 2) and where you place them. If you have measurement capability try this - a simple open cell foam will work.

Re: Cheap Ribbon Tweek

By your subject I thought you were going to tell us about a tweak for a cheap ribbon tweeter, not a cheap tweak for a (not cheap) ribbon tweeter! :p
    Paul

Originally posted by rickcraig View Post
    This worked on a Fountek CD3.0 and I'm sure it will help with Aurum Cantus,etc as well. RAAL uses foam caps on some of their units to help contour the response. I took the foam caps from their 70-10D tweeter and tried them on the Fountek. It works! Flatter response and can be adjusted according to how many pads used (1 or 2) and where you place them. If you have measurement capability try this - a simple open cell foam will work.

Comment

Rick, would you have a pic of the Raal pad so i know what mine should look like?

thanks
      david

Comment

Originally posted by blue934 View Post
        Rick, would you have a pic of the Raal pad so i know what mine should look like?

thanks
        david
        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Go the full monty!

Why not include the sawtooth edge faceplate, also?
          Mongo only pawn in game of life
          ____
          Ed

Comment

Working...
          X