No DIY for a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No DIY for a while...

Had a house fire yesterday, everyone got out ok, nobody was hurt, thankfully. Unfortunately everything in the garage was completely destroyed, including all of my tools :( So it's going to be a while before I can do anything, all projects are on hold. The good news is, the fire was stopped before it spread into the house, so all of our personal items are ok, and the house is repairable. The fire dept. did an awesome job of getting it put out quick, I can't thank those guys enough. Hopefully things will be back to normal before the end of the year. I'll see you guys on here later. I hope to see some awesome build threads from ya'll when I get back.
    My modest builds:
    Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
    Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
    Armadillo Center Channel
    Au-Rock-O Sub
    Tarkus
    Staining MDF tutorial

Re: No DIY for a while...

Oh man thats terrible :( Well terrible that you had to go through it and lost some stuff but glad everyone is ok.

Originally posted by bolland83 View Post
    Had a house fire yesterday, everyone got out ok, nobody was hurt, thankfully. Unfortunately everything in the garage was completely destroyed, including all of my tools :( So it's going to be a while before I can do anything, all projects are on hold. The good news is, the fire was stopped before it spread into the house, so all of our personal items are ok, and the house is repairable. The fire dept. did an awesome job of getting it put out quick, I can't thank those guys enough. Hopefully things will be back to normal before the end of the year. I'll see you guys on here later. I hope to see some awesome build threads from ya'll when I get back.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. How did it start?
      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
      Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Gaelen, so sorry to hear -- but glad that you and your wife are OK.

Comment

Ditto-
          Glad you're all safe and well, but that will suck for a while....

It's possible Home-owners insurance will recoup some of your losses, including your tools.

Hope to see you up and running soon...
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Considering the situation here in AZ, you're lucky there were fire fighters left in town. Sorry to hear about that. If you want to make the drive down here for some "geek therapy", my shop is always available.
            Lou's Speaker Site [speakers.lonesaguaro.com]
            "Different" is objective, "better" is subjective. Taste is not a provable fact.
            Where are you John Galt? I may not be worthy, but I'm ready.

Comment

thats really ashame. i am glad the two of you are ok.
              " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
              Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
              http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Dude, I'm so sorry to hear that, but glad everyone is ok. You can (and should) come over to my house, we can work on your stuff, and listen to mine. Plus, I always have beer.:D

Bring the wife, the girls can hang out, too, and talk sewing or something.:D:D

Seriously, you're welcome anytime, just give me a call. PM me if you need the number.

Mark
                You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Yeah, that is truly a bummer man. I am glad the damage was limited to one area, but that doesn't make it any less devastating.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Tools and buildings and "things" can be replaced, people and pets can't. You had bad luck to have lost your garage and its contents but thank goodness nothing much else.
                    Paul

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, everyone has been really great so far. I finally got to meet the neighbors, they watched our cats for a day, it's nice to know I have good neighbors.

As for the fire, it turns out the air conditioner I had in in the garage exploded. I've never had any problems with it in the 2 years I've owned it, I don't know anything more than that at the moment. The claims adjuster is coming out tomorrow to investigate, hopefully everything goes well. I have state farm insurance, they've been great so far, but I've never had a major claim like this before so we'll see what happens.

I appreciate all of the offers, I'd be glad to visit with any of you guys and check out your builds. I don't think I'll be building anything in the near future though, money is going to be tight. That said, I'd be happy to help out on any projects you guys have going. PM me your numbers, and I'll get in touch with you as soon as I get settled in somewhere.
                      My modest builds:
                      Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                      Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                      Armadillo Center Channel
                      Au-Rock-O Sub
                      Tarkus
                      Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

I am hope that things get settled for you as quick as they can and I am glade that no one got hurt.

Comment

Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. Very glad your family is safe and un harmed though! If you were my neighbor I would sure be over to help with the repairs. Hope everything pans out for ya.
                          RYAN N.

"Why do you have the stereo on while you're watching TV?" - "....Cause I like to party."

RSS390HF Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=224998
                          AviaTrix Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=230372
                          Wolf's PC Speakers Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...84#post1838384
                          Overnight Sensations MT Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ation-MT-build

Comment

Originally posted by bolland83 View Post
                            Thank you for the kind words, everyone has been really great so far. I finally got to meet the neighbors, they watched our cats for a day, it's nice to know I have good neighbors.

As for the fire, it turns out the air conditioner I had in in the garage exploded. I've never had any problems with it in the 2 years I've owned it, I don't know anything more than that at the moment. The claims adjuster is coming out tomorrow to investigate, hopefully everything goes well. I have state farm insurance, they've been great so far, but I've never had a major claim like this before so we'll see what happens.

I appreciate all of the offers, I'd be glad to visit with any of you guys and check out your builds. I don't think I'll be building anything in the near future though, money is going to be tight. That said, I'd be happy to help out on any projects you guys have going. PM me your numbers, and I'll get in touch with you as soon as I get settled in somewhere.
                            Glad everyone is OK bolland. You seem to be handling it really well.

Comment

Working...
                            X