MWAF roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWAF roll call

So who's going? What speakers are you bringing and what class will they be in?

I'm bringing the RUshers with a totally new crossover design. Unfortunately I made a last minute decision (poor choice) to refinish the enclosures because the seams were starting to show through the paint. They will be there sounding good but looking poorly :(
    Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Re: MWAF roll call

Craig, if you go to the MWAF web site, then to the link for the DIY event, you'll see the list of all of the entrants. IIRC, there are 29 entrants with 41 entries. Of course that doesn't tell you anything about what the entries are. I'm coming with a new pair of speakers for the Open, Over-$200 Class.
    Paul

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
    So who's going? What speakers are you bringing and what class will they be in?

I'm bringing the RUshers with a totally new crossover design. Unfortunately I made a last minute decision (poor choice) to refinish the enclosures because the seams were starting to show through the paint. They will be there sounding good but looking poorly :(

Comment

My current plan is to leave on Sat. to visit family in Oh. and try to get to MWAF around 5:00 on Friday.

under $200.00 open - Levitations
      Over $200.00 open - Ruinations

The Ruinations got a little tweak last night and Levitations should be good to go. I'll pack up a speaker first aid kit and check them while visiting family to see how they fared during the drive down.

Take it easy
      Jay
      "I like Brewski's threads, they always end up being hybrid beer/speaker threads based on the name of his newest creation." - Greywarden

Breakfast Stout - HiVi RT2 II/Aurasound NS6
      Imperial Russian Stout - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW146/(2) Fountek FW168s - Built by Fastbike
      Ruination 2.5 way - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW168
      Levitation TM
      - Vifa BC25SG15/Fountek FW168

Comment

I'll be going and dragging Matt along with me.
        2 entries, over $200 Open cat.

"Glucinium Amor"; in Mule boxes as seen at InDIYana.

"Destinations"; paint is yet to be seen, but they will be there at least naked.

And Paul- I think that list is a bit short.
        I know Carmody's coming, and he isn't on it. I don't think all the names are posted.

Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I can only report what I see on the "official" list!
          Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
          I'll be going and dragging Matt along with me.
          2 entries, over $200 Open cat.

"Glucinium Amor"; in Mule boxes as seen at InDIYana.

"Destinations"; paint is yet to be seen, but they will be there at least naked.

And Paul- I think that list is a bit short.
          I know Carmody's coming, and he isn't on it. I don't think all the names are posted.

Later,
          Wolf

Comment

I wonder... if there are too many entries in the open over $200 class maybe PE can move my entry to over $200 Dayton class since the tweeters in my speakers are Dayton RS's. I don't really care what class I'm in. I just don't remember if all of the drivers have to be Dayton or not to be in that class.

Anyone know if Marty is coming (with or without speakers)? What about Ed L.
            Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

You certainly can enter your RUshers in the Dayton Class. Only one driver has to be a Dayton brand, and there's no cost limitations, either.
              Paul

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
              I wonder... if there are too many entries in the open over $200 class maybe PE can move my entry to over $200 Dayton class since the tweeters in my speakers are Dayton RS's. I don't really care what class I'm in. I just don't remember if all of the drivers have to be Dayton or not to be in that class.

Anyone know if Marty is coming (with or without speakers)? What about Ed L.

Comment

Hey PWR RYD, These subs got your name on them ! > http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...ooka_NOS8.aspx

Comment

Hi Craig,

I plan to be there. My entry is an old one: Modula mtm in the Dayton class. I'll put some better caps and 1 more dB BSC in the crossover. They do get set WAY out into the room.

I'll also bring a sub along just for show and tell.
                  Mongo only pawn in game of life
                  ____
                  Ed

Comment

Is it even allowed to reenter a design? :rolleyes:

I know you entered them in the first judging Dayton DIY gathering.

Later,
                    Wolf
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

I'm re-entering one of mine from last year. Those funny looking omnis made from PVC pipes?

The novel change this year is that both of them work now (I hope).
                      Free & Free-form simulator/designer for Passive Crossovers
                      SynergyCalc 5: design spreadsheet for Wooden horns and DIY Synergy Waveguides
                      Super easy and cheap to make high performance sound diffusers

Comment

Is it even allowed to reenter a design?
                        :D You are so like Wolf sometimes :D
                        Mongo only pawn in game of life
                        ____
                        Ed

Comment

Originally posted by bwaslo View Post
                          I'm re-entering one of mine from last year. Those funny looking omnis made from PVC pipes?

The novel change this year is that both of them work now (I hope).
                          I did not realize just who you were last year. Now I know you are the Praxis designer, and helped on the OmniMic system. Really is a nice list of credentials!

I remember you said something with the power supply was the culprit.

Later,
                          Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Actually, an old guy manning the soldering iron was the culprit -- loose solder blob got caught between some leads on a circuit board. I thought it was the supply because I had one of those die in one of the amps a few weeks before. But the amps have been fine since then, it was my kludged-together crossover circuit that was the issue.

If it doesn't work this year, I'll just pick it up and bang over the back of a chair a few times!
                            Free & Free-form simulator/designer for Passive Crossovers
                            SynergyCalc 5: design spreadsheet for Wooden horns and DIY Synergy Waveguides
                            Super easy and cheap to make high performance sound diffusers

Comment

At this point, I may not be able to come. I got a good offer to play in an orchestra pit for the month of July, and the times seem to conflict.
                              Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                              Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Working...
                              X