Chicago DIY 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chicago DIY 2011

Paul - Change in plans. The wife is going to to Jacksonville, FL. to help our daughter as she is student teaching. I would have to board two dogs for the weekend if I went. $$ + schedule = no show.

George.
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland

Comment

I know many people here hang out on other audio boards (audiokarma, audioholics, home theater shack, avs, diyaudio... did I forget others?)

Could someone please post a link to our official site there? I don't want them to miss out on the fun.

http://chicagodiy2011.x10.mx/
      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
      Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Well, I've completed enough of my project to say that I'll be there. Of course rushing leads to errors and I'm more prone than most (hey, how'd that port get off-center? And where did those paint runs come from????? Grrr.....)

But I'll be there!!!! Hopefully tonight I can actually get them fired up and making music! Now, if I could only find the new binding posts.....hmmmm.

Yes I know - 11 day and I still haven't mounted the drivers.

What, me worry?
        Last edited by martyh; 10-18-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Well I didn't even know about this until yesterday. The date is available--I am thinking I will not have any projects to bring, although now that I finally got heat running in my house again last night maybe I can drop off the basement finish and put something together in the next 11 days....

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
            I know many people here hang out on other audio boards (audiokarma, audioholics, home theater shack, avs, diyaudio... did I forget others?)

Could someone please post a link to our official site there? I don't want them to miss out on the fun.

I got HTGuide.com covered. We got a sticky over there. I bumped it the other day to mention that Madisound has donated a complete Zaph ZA5.2 kit including the cabinets.

I also just posted at AVS.
            - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
            CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
            CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center
            CJD In-Khan-Neatos - A Dayton RS180/RS150/RS28 In/On Wall MTW

Comment

• Re: Chicago DIY 2011--Swap table item

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
              BUMP!!

Got something for "show & tell" ?? Post it here so it can be added to the website!!

:D:D
              Need to make room for more projects....

These are not DIY, but I may bring a pair of Celestion Ditton 33 to sell.
              • 10" 3way
              • Quality components from the '70s
              • Quality xover
              • Transmission line loaded mid
              • Excellent condition.

Anyone interested? Know anyone who might be?

Marvin

Some specs here:
              http://mycolectionditton.com/Ditton33.html
              Attached Files

Comment

New sponsor -- the mighty PARTS EXPRESS :D:D

Gonna be lots of nice goodies at the show

Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Put me on the list of attendees. It's a long drive and two nights in a hotel but there will be speakers to listen to and all those fabulous door prizes. I'm going to try to get some things together for the sale table. I have some budget tweeters and what may be some of the rarest planar drivers on the planet.

Unfortunately the Lydias will not be ready. I'm building 2 pair of these - one set in cherry - one set in oak. They're a bigger version of the Krystals but with the 10" woofer used in the Tarkus. I'll try to bring a pair to SD or Grinell next year if they happen.

If they're done. :D:D:D

Ron
                  Attached Files
                  C-Note Iron Driver Build
                  The Lydias
                  The Cherry π's
                  The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
                  My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

Paul, if you missed it, Mark Seaton posted over at HTguide that he will likely show up and was going to PM you about getting a local company he works with.
                    - Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by ---k--- View Post
                      Paul, if you missed it, Mark Seaton posted over at HTguide that he will likely show up and was going to PM you about getting a local company he works with.
                      If there's anything that needs to be added to the Exhibitor's page for Mark, please let me know.

1 WEEK PEOPLE !! :D :D :D
                      Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

I think I would like to attend this event. Is there anyway to help pay for it? I will be heading out of Cleveland if anyone wants to carpool.

Cheers
                        Last edited by classicTEK; 10-21-2011, 02:16 PM. Reason: Adding more info

Comment

Through the wonders of PCD, and a bit of good luck I was able to fire mine up for the first time last night.

I'll let them run for a few weeks before beginning any crossover modifications, but surprisingly they sounded pretty good in my basement - now to hear how they sound in my living room...without the nasty basement echo, and floor bounce, and rafter rattling dust storm.

Hard for me to believe, but I'll be there next Saturday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
                            Through the wonders of PCD, and a bit of good luck I was able to fire mine up for the first time last night.

I'll let them run for a few weeks before beginning any crossover modifications, but surprisingly they sounded pretty good in my basement - now to hear how they sound in my living room...without the nasty basement echo, and floor bounce, and rafter rattling dust storm.

Hard for me to believe, but I'll be there next Saturday!!!
                            You are slightly ahead of me then!
                            I have not fired them up in the actual boxes yet. I'm taking a break from making the terminal plates to have a late supper, and then it's back at it.

Once these are done, and a small bit of paint dries, I can install the xovers after I get the second one soldered up. Then it's the euro-blocks inside the enclosures to the xovers, and the drivers can be attached/mounted.

Wait 'til you see these cabinets, even though they aren't fully painted!

Music will be played through at some point this weekend.
                            Later, Cheesehead,
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Mine are all done! :D

But I still need to figure out what music I want to show off with.
                              - Ryan

Comment

I'm at that final stage of critical listening / voicing the crossovers... and darn it, I came down with a bad head cold middle of the week. My ears are completely plugged :( Hopefully they will clear up in a day or two and I can throw together a hodge podge crossover that doesn't include dozens of alligator clips :p
                                Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X