Chicago DIY 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chicago DIY 2011

Man, one of the few club events I've heard of that's actually within easy/reasonable driving distance for me...on a weekend I CANT MAKE IT!

Sounds a like a really cool time. Maybe next time (year?) I'll have another project or two down and ready to show off :p.

Have enough fun for me too!

Comment

Confirming, we will definitely be there. Not sure if my wife will attend much of the event, however. She may opt to hit the mall.

I'll have to scramble to get some music together, use Paul's, and/or steal some of Wolf's from inDIYana2011. Looking forward to it!
      Dan N.

Comment

Dan, my gf may be interested in experiencing the joys of Cinnabon, Ambercrombe and Macy's with your wife. She's coming with but I have to believe that when she gets a look at our motley group she'll start eying the exits. In case you didn't know there's a good sized mall just a couple miles away from the hotel.

I'm surprised that so many of us don't have their their project done. I figured most would be to the point where we're polishing the chrome and hanging the fuzzy dice by now. Busy lives lead to compressed timelines, or so it seems!

Mine may get a couple coats of poly and a little paint touch up, then get tossed into the back of the Sonata - or that may wait 'til I get them back home.

See ya' Saturday Junior - Get those puppies running!

Comment

I won't be making it afterall. My anniversary (15 years) is midweek and we won't get to celebrate until the weekend. I will be there in spirit with you all. Take lots of pics!!! and reviews. Have a great weekend!
          https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
            Dan, my gf may be interested in experiencing the joys of Cinnabon, Ambercrombe and Macy's with your wife. She's coming with but I have to believe that when she gets a look at our motley group she'll start eying the exits. In case you didn't know there's a good sized mall just a couple miles away from the hotel.
            It's literally across the street from the hotel. And it's frickin' huge.
            Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
            Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

My wife and daughter will be coming along with me but I fully expect them to spend 95% of the day at Woodfield Mall. It is HUGE! You have all the major achor stores plus dozens of smaller stores. Heck, the Discovery Channel even has a store there. To get a point of persective, Lego has a store there where they only sell.... wait for it.... LEGOS! Not to mention the food (Rain Forest Cafe, Cheese Cake Factory, etc.). Just lock down your CC limits boys :D
              Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Ron_E View Post
                Put me on the list of attendees. It's a long drive and two nights in a hotel but there will be speakers to listen to and all those fabulous door prizes. I'm going to try to get some things together for the sale table. I have some budget tweeters and what may be some of the rarest planar drivers on the planet.

Unfortunately the Lydias will not be ready. I'm building 2 pair of these - one set in cherry - one set in oak. They're a bigger version of the Krystals but with the 10" woofer used in the Tarkus. I'll try to bring a pair to SD or Grinell next year if they happen.

If they're done. :D:D:D

Ron
                Ron,
                I have all the parts for the Krystals, but haven't built them yet. So... how much difference will there be in the crossover? Also, are you willing to disclose which woofer you'll be using? I really liked the Krystals last year, so I'm looking forward to the Lydias.
                Thanks,
                Mike
                "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
                Bismarck, North Dakota
                My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
                My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

im so envious. wished i could be there. my brother moved to texas so no cheap sleep room. just cant do it. see ya'll in grinell next year.
                  " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                  Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                  http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Guys -

Let's get a Friday Night GTG planned.

We can make it at a restaurant where the wives/kids can come too?? There are a few right by the hotel - within walking distance.

Who's in?
                    Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                      Guys -

Let's get a Friday Night GTG planned.

We can make it at a restaurant where the wives/kids can come too?? There are a few right by the hotel - within walking distance.

Who's in?
                      Matt and I should be in by 8:30pm your time, so if it's still going by then...

You say where!
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                        Matt and I should be in by 8:30pm your time, so if it's still going by then...

You say where!
                        Wolf
                        Anyone up for Joe's Crab Shack? My wife looked online at a Google Earth street view and found one just down the street from the hotel.
                        Mike
                        "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
                        Bismarck, North Dakota
                        My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
                        My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

Originally posted by classicTEK View Post
                          I think I would like to attend this event. Is there anyway to help pay for it? I will be heading out of Cleveland if anyone wants to carpool.

Cheers
                          I added you to the list - you will have a blast.

I'd contact Paul C. about show sponsorship.
                          Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by mikejennens View Post
                            Anyone up for Joe's Crab Shack? My wife looked online at a Google Earth street view and found one just down the street from the hotel.
                            Mike
                            Joe's sounds good to me. It's like 600 feet away.....

Show of hands??
                            Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Attendees/Exhibitors page updated.

If anyone spots errors or omissions give me a shout.

http://chicagodiy2011.x10.mx/attendees.php
                              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

I'll be there as well, unfortunately I am just getting started (hopefully soon) and don't have any projects to bring. Definitely looking forward to going!

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X