Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago DIY 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

    Originally posted by mikejennens View Post
    My wife and I are leaving from Bismarck in less than 24 hours! We're going to stop in Alexandria, MN for the night. We'll get up Friday and head for Chi-town. Hope to be there by 4 or 5 PM. Yep, I'm STOKED!!!
    I'm bringing a pair of speakers, but they aren't finished yet. They're built, but they need new front and rear baffles and the veneer needs stained and finished. Kind of embarrassing compared to all the high quality wood working I saw at Iowa 2010. :o Whatever....
    Looking forward to seeing the bunch from Iowa 2010 and meeting some others.
    See you soon,
    Mike
    Those wouldn't happen to be my Florians design would they?

    Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
    I guess I should clarify.

    The whole event is a show & tell. Basically, each person will have a minimum of 10 minutes to show his design, and we all sit and listen to it.

    At the end of the day, we will raffle off door prizes (provided by our sponsors).

    There is no admission fee. Just come in and have a seat and listen. if you got something to show, we'll give you your 10 minutes. We'll break for lunch. I have no real structure beyond that. Although I'd like to show speakers in order from small to large, if possible.
    I'll be showing up a bit late since I have a "lock-in" to do with my church's Jr high group on Friday night into Saturday morning, but I'll swing by as soon as I possibly can afterward. I only mention that because I'm bringing the NS35/Nuance mini TM speakers that Patrick helped me design, and they will probably be one of the smallest speakers at the show.
    Modding the Lepai T-Amp

    Comment


    • Friday Night Meet-up

      We will be meeting at Chevy's Mexican restaurant on Friday (tomorrow) night at 6:30 for dinner. That CENTRAL TIME for you Hoosiers.

      Chevys Fresh Mex‎
      1180 North Plaza Drive
      Schaumburg, IL 60173
      (847) 413-9100

      I will not post my phone number online, however, if you need to call me, send me a PM here and I'll send it to you.
      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

      Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
      Twitter: @undefinition1

      Comment


      • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

        Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
        Wow....bangin' out a set of ntn's in less than 1 week?!? :eek:

        I just realized I may be the slowest speaker builder in North America. :p
        Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

        Sehlin Sound Solutions

        Comment


        • Re: Friday Night Meet-up

          Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
          We will be meeting at Chevy's Mexican restaurant on Friday (tomorrow) night at 6:30 for dinner. That CENTRAL TIME for you Hoosiers.

          Chevys Fresh Mex‎
          1180 North Plaza Drive
          Schaumburg, IL 60173
          (847) 413-9100

          I will not post my phone number online, however, if you need to call me, send me a PM here and I'll send it to you.
          Yeah- Matt and I won't be in until about 8pm, so you'll all likely either be gone, or still yacking. I'd like to know if you plan on being there awhile.

          I've already taken the time into account.
          Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

          *InDIYana event website*

          Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

          My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

          Comment


          • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

            I'm leaving after I pick up Matt, after work as well Friday.

            Oh- I'm done with all but finishing. I stil have to finish up modding the Deuallati for Mark, so I have to do that yet.

            Virtually verything else is done and ready. I finished the voicing to my liking last evening on the Trichotomy, so I'm done there too.

            See you all in about a day,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

            *InDIYana event website*

            Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

            My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

            Comment


            • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

              Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
              So mine will be at the end :(
              A combined 7.8 cft here Craig, so I can safely roll in around 4:55. See you all Saturday.

              Marty
              President
              The Gorilla Coffin Manufacturing Company
              "Monkey Coffins are for Sissies"

              Comment


              • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

                While you're presumably driving back home Saturday night, Marty, I'm going to be watching the Badgers/Buckeyes game on TV and hoping for a different result than from last year's game when we were both at the Iowa DIY. Not likely, though, considering how good the Badgers are this year and the struggles OSU has gone through, but I'm still hoping.
                Paul

                Originally posted by martyh View Post
                A combined 7.8 cft here Craig, so I can safely roll in around 4:55. See you all Saturday.

                Marty
                President
                The Gorilla Coffin Manufacturing Company
                "Monkey Coffins are for Sissies"

                Comment


                • Re: Chicago DIY 2011 Web Page Typo

                  Ms. Garmin couldn't find the "Gold Road" street address listed on the web page under "Hotel Info". The street address is 1800 East Golf Road according to the Hyatt web site.

                  Ron
                  C-Note Iron Driver Build
                  The Lydias
                  The Cherry π's
                  The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
                  My Projects Page

                  The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

                  Comment


                  • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

                    I plan to make it down to listen. No projects yet, just getting started.

                    Jeffrey

                    Comment


                    • Re: Chicago DIY 2011 Web Page Typo

                      Originally posted by Ron_E View Post
                      Ms. Garmin couldn't find the "Gold Road" street address listed on the web page under "Hotel Info". The street address is 1800 East Golf Road according to the Hyatt web site.

                      Ron
                      CRAP!! I don't know how many times i proofed the damn site.

                      1800 East Golf Road is correct. Sorry :(

                      Bryan K.

                      Midwest Audio Club

                      Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

                      Comment


                      • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

                        Wish I could be there.:(

                        I hope you guys like the Deullati.

                        Have a great time, everyone!


                        Mark
                        You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

                        ~Pink Floyd

                        Comment


                        • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

                          Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                          While you're presumably driving back home Saturday night, Marty, I'm going to be watching the Badgers/Buckeyes game on TV and hoping for a different result than from last year's game when we were both at the Iowa DIY. Not likely, though, considering how good the Badgers are this year and the struggles OSU has gone through, but I'm still hoping.
                          Paul
                          Last years game was something special here in Wisconsin, but after having lost last weekend our Coach was asked how the team practiced this week. He replied 'Angry'. That's not good news for the Buckeyes, Paul.

                          Gonna miss ya'.

                          Marty

                          Comment


                          • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

                            I watched the last quarter of that game last weekend. Wow what a game! Hail Mary to win it.
                            Craig

                            Comment


                            • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

                              I've been meaning to get to one of these get togethers for a few years; now that I'm living in Milwaukee for the school year I'm just a hop skip and a jump from this one!

                              I can't justify driving 5 hours north to get my Parabolae to bring back down and show (though I did ponder the thought quite a while) but I'll be there with a smile and an eagerness to hear what you all have brought to show.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Chicago DIY 2011

                                Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                                I'm leaving after I pick up Matt, after work as well Friday.

                                Oh- I'm done with all but finishing. I stil have to finish up modding the Deuallati for Mark, so I have to do that yet.

                                Virtually verything else is done and ready. I finished the voicing to my liking last evening on the Trichotomy, so I'm done there too.

                                See you all in about a day,
                                Wolf
                                First voltage (not counting the WT3), 1 a.m.

                                I'm always happy when the WT3 sweeps (before listening) on both cabs line up with each other. Then, either everything's good, OR, I made the same screw-up on BOTH xos.

                                Chris

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X