Chicago DIY 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chicago DIY 2011

I've had a minor emergency come up that will prevent me from leaving today. I'm a very sad panda. Gonna miss seeing everyone, have a great time guys.
    "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?Ē - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

The Badgers are deservedly favored but as you know, anything can happen, and the Buckeye Nation will keep its collective fingers crossed.
      Paul

Originally posted by martyh View Post
      Last years game was something special here in Wisconsin, but after having lost last weekend our Coach was asked how the team practiced this week. He replied 'Angry'. That's not good news for the Buckeyes, Paul.

Gonna miss ya'.

Marty

Comment

Originally posted by pypes View Post
        i've Been Meaning To Get To One Of These Get Togethers For A Few Years; Now That I'm Living In Milwaukee For The School Year I'm Just A Hop Skip And A Jump From This One!

I Can't Justify Driving 5 Hours North To Get My Parabolae To Bring Back Down And Show (though I Did Ponder The Thought Quite A While) But I'll Be There With A Smile And An Eagerness To Hear What You All Have Brought To Show.
        Msoe?
        Craig

Comment

I hate to do this to you guys, but tomorrow is kind of up in the air for me right now. I have to pull an all-nighter with the Jr. high kids at my church tonight for a "lock-in," and today being my birthday, my wife and our friends have stuff planned for tomorrow so I may or may not be able to make it. I'll keep you guys posted.
          Modding the Lepai T-Amp

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
            Wow....bangin' out a set of ntn's in less than 1 week?!? :eek:

I just realized I may be the slowest speaker builder in North America. :p
            No sir. If anyone deserves that title, it's me. My last couple projects have had a gestation period of about a year, and my next project will probably also be a year (from buying the drivers to having the project *done*).

This is my final confirmation that I will be at the event, barring a car accident. Wolf, Matt (MusicForMatt), and Tom (Bond; edit: maybe not) will be staying with me and we will be at the Hyatt, and I will try to be there in time for any meet-and-greet activities that go on tonight. I will definitely be there before Ben and Matt, but I will have a DTA-100 and my Zune in the hotel room for previewing.

I won't have a project, because some personal business (an abortive attempt to adopt a dog) has kept me preoccupied for the last couple weeks so I didn't get to build my updated Firestorm crossovers. (The dog is fine, he's just not mine; I ran into a behavior issue with the dog that I didn't have a strategy to deal with.)

edit: I'm down to three in the room again - Wolf, Matt, and myself. That's too bad, Tom. I'll see you at the next thing!
            Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

Since it is in the area, figured I would swing by for a bit. Not bringing any projects. Didn't know if you needed a headcount but my buddy also wants to check it out. Might bring some misc speakers and electronics for the swap meet part.

Comment

last minute decision......I'm coming to diy 2011! I'm a diy newbee, that's an oldie! C...U...guys there....hope to learn something, Clawed:

Comment

Have fun guys. Wish I could be there, but this was the only weekend my wife and I could get away for some R&R without the kids. We're having fun down in here in Orlando, but I'm having speaker withdrawls already....
                  Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

Really wish I could make it up there. So close, yet so far away this time. have fun guys and post a crap load of pics!!!!!!
                    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Chillin with a few attendies @ Scott's room with his Aurum Cantus 3-way project. I think these are going to turn heads tomorrow.
                      Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Oh Oh......got to hear the Trichotomys.....4.5L volume. Where is all that bass coming from??

Oh, and a plexiglass cover over the XO.....sweet.
                        Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Oh boy....we'll be lucky if they don't toss us out of the hotel before the event: Jamiing to Nightwish @ 2:30AM on my Speedsters. I think I hear security right now :eek: :eek:
                          Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Leaving mke now... See you guys in a couple hours

Comment

Anyone gonna do a blog like was done at InDIYana? I'd love to follow along. Wish I could be there. Have fun everyone!

Comment

if so, start a new thread. cant wait.
                                " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                                Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                                http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Working...
                                X