Chicago DIY 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chicago DIY 2011

Great job with the photos. I'm looking forward to the reviews- especially CJD's Pecirinos.

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
      Dan N (dlneubec) - The Contrappeso's -- this one always amazes -- 7 drivers in each cab.

Ok, I get how there could be 6 drivers in each of these, but where does the 7th one go?

Comment

The tweeter is in the side of one of the cans, midheight, and firing directly into the adjacent can. In between the felt dots. It is very very hard to see, even standing next to it.
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center
        CJD In-Khan-Neatos - A Dayton RS180/RS150/RS28 In/On Wall MTW

Comment

I see the felt dots, but don't see the tweeter. Although now that you mention it I remember reading that about this speaker system and seeing either a drawing or build photo that showed it. Looks like the show has been a good time.

Comment

Yeah 1 tweeter, 4 mids, 2 subs.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
            return to the source
            leviathan system thread
            deadhorse thread
            shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by jcpahman77 View Post
              Ok, I get how there could be 6 drivers in each of these, but where does the 7th one go?
              That tweet (in between the 2 midrange pipes) is like a bi-pole waveguide....wow did I just say that? Damn if it doesn't work tho!! Those speakers have surprisingly great imaging.
              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Photobucket slideshow HERE

It's in reverse order....I dunno how to fix that but I'm too tired to care. Enjoy the pics!! :D:D:D:D

Awesome show.....just awesome. I give HUGE props to the guys who go thru all the trouble to make these happen across the country. It was a pleasure to be a part of it again.
                Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

in the one shot, it appears marty is praying they will work:D
                  thanks for all your effort to post these.
                  " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                  Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                  http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Really wish I could have made it. So many familiar faces from InDIYiana and so many new ones. Would have been great for me to meet Chris (NtN's) as his inspired my towers. REALLY wanted to hear Wolfs new speaks as well. I am always amazed at his work. Along with Paul. Even though I couldn't be there this time, a big thanks to Paul and Brian for all the work to host this event!!
                    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Had a great time, many thanks to the people who took the time to talk to me and help out with questions. Very cool event.

Comment

Just got back. What a great time. It's getting repetitive, but again, lots of really nice sounding stuff.

Thanks to Paul for getting this all set up. It's a big effort, and that effort is appreciated. And a MAJOR THANK YOU for delivering a couple of RS28A to do stand in duty for the RS28F that mighty Thor forgot to pack for his Double Diamond cabinets. (Sorry Ed, just had to needle you one more time.)

I'll post more detailed thoughts on the projects that I got to hear. But let me just say that CJD sure does put out some fine sounding stuff. His TMM was stunning.
                        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Man I wish I could have made it. I wouldn't have been able to stay awake though. I was absolutely exhausted by the time I got home this morning. Things just didn't work out this weekend at all.

Some of those speakers look incredible. Having built the Nano Neo NTNs, I can vouch for how large they really sound.
                          Modding the Lepai T-Amp

Comment

• Re: Chicago DIY 2011 and part OT for MartyH

Great photos and obviously a great event. Wish I could have been there. Big thumbs up to Paul C and others who organized everything, plus all of the sponsors.

Now for the OT part: Hey, MartyH, NEENER NEENER on the Badgers/Buckeyes game. Payback from last year. Let's see, a team rushing total of 89 yards from Wisconsin versus 160 yards from "Boom" Herron alone!
                            Paul

Comment

As always, lots of very interesting creations. I wish I could have been there to hear them. Thanks for the comprehensive photos once again Bryan.

Pete and Ed - those cabs are killer and I can't wait to hear them. Hopefully you're not tired of showing them off by the time InDIYana rolls around next year.

Dan
                              The Hurricanes
                              The Baronettes
                              Conneccentric
                              UX3

Comment

Man, what a blast.

Our sponsors were awesome - sooooo much really nice stuff on the give-away table!

Thanks a ton to Paul for putting this together and arranging the facilities and the sugar-filled munchies through the day, not to mention arranging for the sponsors.

Thanks to Bryan for posting all the pics live.

Great to meet so many people I've seen around - I think only a few were returned from the last event in Chicago.

And thanks to Pete for leaving me rather speechless - having heard your work (finally!) your praise means a ton.

And, of course, I now have the start on yet another project in the form of waveguides tailored to the RS28... so much to do... And I still haven't used the OW1's I won at the last Chicago event. That one is slowly coming together, but I think I'll get to the waveguides sometime in the next decade...

C
                                diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
                                X