Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chicago DIY 2011

Chris,
    Those are very attractive. I would like to hear them. Good work.

Howard

Comment

I made some pretty major changes to my Trials' crossovers. Mainly moved the woofer to mid crossover point up. That fixed a resonance issue the mids were having. If I drag them out to the next DIY I think most of you would like the way they sound now.
      Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
        I made some pretty major changes to my Trials' crossovers. Mainly moved the woofer to mid crossover point up. That fixed a resonance issue the mids were having. If I drag them out to the next DIY I think most of you would like the way they sound now.
        Craig,

Were you able to close that dip I thought I heard around 250hz? Otherwise I thought the were terrific.

M.

Comment

Yes.

btw - what's up with the tube feedback questions ;)
          Craig

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Yes.

btw - what's up with the tube feedback questions ;)
            'Tube Feedback' question?

I don't understand...so what else is new.

Comment

I guess it must have been a different Marty from Wisconsin that was trying to understand a tube amplifier feedback circuit on diyaudio. Sorry.
              Craig

Comment

I guess it must have been a different Marty from Wisconsin that was trying to understand a tube amplifier feedback circuit on diyaudio. Sorry.
                No, I'm pretty sure there's only one Marty from Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                  No, I'm pretty sure there's only one Marty from Wisconsin.
                  And Rightly So! :D

But alas, it was not I. Some transient imposter I'm sure.

Comment

Well, in the spirit of other tweakers, I went ahead and took some detailed plots of the RS28A version of the mini, and re-optimized a crossover for it.

After modeling the plots in PCD, I whipped up a crossover, and took a pair of sweeps, 1m in room, 12th octave smoothing, 0 and 45 degrees.

Not bad for a first attempt.

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Finally got the crossover, etc. posted for the Pecorino, including a reduced BSC variant:

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=39093
                      diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
                      X