Chicago DIY 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chicago DIY 2011

YGM, T???? Proper English please.... for us older "non texty" sort of folks :D
    Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
      YGM, T???? Proper English please.... for us older "non texty" sort of folks :D
      You Got Mail, Tater! I thought that was pretty easy. I'm not a texty sort....

Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Doug, thats an excelent idea.
        " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
        Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
        http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Hey DavePellegrene, can you make it to Chicago? I'd love to see see more of your stuff!
          The Past is history. The Future is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why its called the Present. (Grand Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda)

Comment

I've taken the day off work, so I'll be there. Also, my brother is coming with me. Let me know if you need a hand, I only live 15-20 minutes away.

Comment

If people liked the front end that was at InDIYana (mine), I can volunteer the same setup for Chi-DIY.
              Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

Paul, I live within 50 minutes travel time. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

I happened to notice the local Cabelas store has a conference room available for $150 per day ($75 for half the room). Seems reasonable. It may be too late for this year, but for future use a possible option. Its no Grinnell theater, but may be more reasonable than hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by Taterworks View Post
                  If people liked the front end that was at InDIYana (mine), I can volunteer the same setup for Chi-DIY.
                  I would agree with using that.

Later,
                  Wolf
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

OK, I got a response on the room rate. For people staying at the event, the rate is $89 a night at the Hyatt Regency. You have to contact the Convention Service Manager lady directly through email or phone.

She also said that there is an internet special rate (available online) of $84.15, but this is non-refundable, and full pre-payment is required.

And if those don't float your boat, there's still lots and lots and lots of hotels in the area you can choose from.
                    Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                    Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

That's fantastic!!!

Coo-Beans!
                      Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

I'm a maybe but not at $84 bucks. Can you provide a couple names of cheap motels in area?
                        'Soupy'

Comment

Just to make sure it's clear and based on what you did NOT say about the $89 rate and what you DID say about the $84.15 rate, I'm assuming the $89 rate IS refundable? If so, what's the latest one could cancel, 24 hours before arrival or up to 6 PM on the day of arrival, for instance?
                          Paul

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
                          OK, I got a response on the room rate. For people staying at the event, the rate is $89 a night at the Hyatt Regency. You have to contact the Convention Service Manager lady directly through email or phone.

She also said that there is an internet special rate (available online) of $84.15, but this is non-refundable, and full pre-payment is required.

And if those don't float your boat, there's still lots and lots and lots of hotels in the area you can choose from.

Comment

I'll be attending the event. Will there be a GTG the evening before?

Comment

Originally posted by robertclark View Post
                              I'll be attending the event. Will there be a GTG the evening before?
                              Matt and I won't be in until late Friday, say 9:00+, so I won't be able to if there is I'm thinking. Nothing's been said about it...

Later,
                              Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                                Just to make sure it's clear and based on what you did NOT say about the $89 rate and what you DID say about the $84.15 rate, I'm assuming the $89 rate IS refundable? If so, what's the latest one could cancel, 24 hours before arrival or up to 6 PM on the day of arrival, for instance?
                                Paul
                                Here is the reply I got from the Convention Service Manager, Jen
                                The $89 room rate booked through me would be refundable if the reservation is canceled 48 hours prior to arrival. If it is canceled within 48 hours of the arrival date, a charge would accrue. This rate is based on availability of the hotel .

The phone # for the hotel is (847) 605-1234.
                                Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                                Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Working...
                                X