Chicago DIY 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chicago DIY 2011

Laaaaydeeeeeesssss and Gentlemen............Luuuuueeeetttsss get ready to Rummmble!

Introducing the challenger: Coming in with a puny 6.5" Jamo buyout paired with a nano-tweeter and wrapped in something other than veneer.....It's Woooolfieeee's Whatchamacallits.

And in this corner, sportin' 4 buuuuttt thumpin' Ushers matched with somethin' you ain't nevah seen, all poured into a pair of waaay toooo big monkey coffins....It's Marty's Mayhems!

:D

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
      Introducing the challenger: Coming in with a puny 6.5" Jamo buyout paired with a nano-tweeter and wrapped in something other than veneer.....It's Woooolfieeee's Whatchamacallits.

I know you jest- but that takes it a bit far I'm afraid. I haven't bought a buyout in likely 2 years. Nano-tweeter? I don't own Magico, and I've never used the ND20FA-6.

:D;) Uh noooo- I'll be bringing the Destinations along.... Those are easily larger than you think. That along with the finalized-xover Glucinium Amor (MTM), hopefully the Trichotomys, and likely the Sophomores for a repeat affair.

3 of them may be unfinished, depending on the time I have between now and then. I'd like to finish the Microtonnes by then too, but those will be swallowed whole by most conference-rooms.

Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
        Laaaaydeeeeeesssss and Gentlemen............Luuuuueeeetttsss get ready to Rummmble!

And in this corner, sportin' 4 buuuuttt thumpin' Ushers matched with somethin' you ain't nevah seen, all poured into a pair of waaay toooo big monkey coffins....It's Marty's Mayhems!

That's what I'm talking about! Maybe I need to make another trip to see my brother and pick up the THT I built for him. Turn that bad boy up a little bit beyond 'hot' and let the bout begin!

I jest of course.
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center
        CJD In-Khan-Neatos - A Dayton RS180/RS150/RS28 In/On Wall MTW

Comment

Re: Won't be there, now...

You know that old saying, "the best laid plans..."? Well, I cannot attend as it turns out. I hope everyone that gets there has a good time.
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
            You know that old saying, "the best laid plans..."? Well, I cannot attend as it turns out. I hope everyone that gets there has a good time.
            Paul
            Sorry to hear that, Paul- You'll be missed!

Later,
            Wolf
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Sorry to hear that Paul. Maybe next October in Grinnell!

Comment

OK guys -- here is the official unofficial website for the Chicago DIY 2011

http://chicagodiy2011.x10.mx/

Check back often as it will be continuously updated as we head into the event.

Many thanks to my son, Cory, for putting it together.... :D

Please spread the word by sending the LINK to other interested parties, etc.

Any questions on the site, please hit me up.

Looking forward to the gathering!! :D:D:D
                Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                  Paul
                  Sorry to hear that, too....I had a few questions for you. Maybe another time or format.

Marv

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                    OK guys -- here is the official unofficial website for the Chicago DIY 2011

http://chicagodiy2011.x10.mx/[/URL]

Check back often as it will be continuously updated as we head into the event.

Many thanks to my son, Cory, for putting it together.... :D

Please spread the word by sending the LINK to other interested parties, etc.

Any questions on the site, please hit me up.

Looking forward to the gathering!! :D:D:D

Tell Cory nice job on the web site. You may want to update the attendee list to reflect Paul K's cancellation. Too bad.

Comment

Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

The 4 I'm bringing are listed in this thread.
                        Later,
                        Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

The Event Website - Wonderful Stuff!

OK, here's my design (unnamed, at this point) - MTM 3-Way featuring the following:

Usher 8955A (x2)
                          Swan/HiVi S1 mid/tweet combo

Crossed at 950 and 8000hz
                          Enclosed in a 3.9 cft monkey coffin tuned to 28hz.

Now I gotta get back to work!

Marty

Comment

Hopefully the vacation I've just found out I have to try to take in October won't interfere with this. :/

By request, the front end equipment I plan to bring:

Sherwood SACD/DVDA player
                            Emotiva USP-1
                            Emotiva XPA-1 pair (think we'll have enough power?)
                            Outlaw monoblock pair (backup mostly)
                            LM-3875 based chip-amp (Prefers 8ohm but does well with stable 4ohm)
                            Speaker stands
                            Possibly gen1 Twisted Pair Opus DAC + JT attenuator. Just need to rewire slightly.

If I find time I may see about getting a portable Squeezebox server set up, in which case I'll have that also. With the vacation, time is suddenly short for the cleanup work needed (DAC, turntable is now out for sure) and project completion.

My one project will be a sub/sat setup so the sub could be borrowed for other small speakers if anyone feels the need. The USP-1 has a decent sub crossover control built in.

If anyone has a good balanced output pre I'd love to give that a try. The DAC is balanced out and would just be run through the passive JT attenuator so should be good.

With the ansonicas I'll have two speaker projects. The big speaker will have to stay home -they won't fit in my little car. I sure hope the rest does! Ill let folks know when I expect to get to the hotel when I figure that out. Would love help hauling and setting up.

C
                            diVine Audio

Comment

I've said that I would have no problems helping set up. Just let me know.
                              - Ryan

Comment

Hi Brian,
                                Thanks for taking that on. I plan on exhibiting a project CJD and I did. If you missed it, I got the info up above in post #57, so I won't repeat it. But I did add a photo there a a little more description. I'm not sure how much can be posted on the website without cluttering it up, but there it is.
                                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...2&postcount=57

Thanks again to you and your son.
                                - Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X