I Missed It !!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Missed It !!!!!!

We just had an earthquake (1:58pm)here in no. virginia...and I missed it! Don't know how. I was coming into the door at home & the wife was looking at me very ghostly. Are YOU ok? she asked. I said yeah, why? WE JUST HAD AN EARTHQUAKE! a few small things were actually knocked down/over in our home.

It apparently happened while I was driving. I guess I am that oblivious to the world from inside my truck...I wasn't even on a cell phone.:rolleyes:
    If dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?

Re: I Missed It !!!!!!

Radio reports it happened in Mineral, VA. About 50 miles 'as the crow flies' from my town of Manasses. 5.8 richtor scale. Heard it was felt on up into at least PA.

Comment

everyone seemed to have felt it here in NC, all the way to the southern most beach. i of course was asleep and didnt feel a thing! glad youre ok

Comment

Felt it in Baltimore,

Thought it was somebody on this site testing a new sub.

Colorado had one yesterday , biggest in 40 yrs
        Last edited by mike s; 08-23-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Evedently Columbus and Cinci felt it...nobody I've talked to felt anything here.
          Your results may vary.

Comment

Well, just so you know, DC is on par. They evacuated the Capitol, Pentagon, etc buildings. Schools... Very reminiscent of how the area reacts to a little snow. Yes, I said a 'little' snow. They close for everything around here.

I'm at work now, but for the short time I listened, not one word about the people at the epicenter. Just the lovely DC folk.

Comment

I felt a slight tremor here in Western New York.
              18hz is scary.

Comment

301 bridge over the Potomac in S. Maryland just closed. Might be a long detour for some folks.

Comment

I felt it here in Southwestern Ontario but I just barely noticed it. Might not have noticed it except for the fact that the water in my fish tank was sloshing a bit and I was trying to figure out why.
                  Don't even try
                  to sort out the lies
                  it's worse to try to understand.

Comment

I was upstairs in the house and felt my chair start shaking, and then a few other things started shaking. Went downstairs to find everyone in the basement didn't feel anything (of course) and thought I was crazy when I asked them if they felt the house shake. Then the report of the earthquake came a few minutes later.

The guys putting the roof on my neighbor's house said they didn't feel anything.

Comment

I felt it mildly outside here in Northern NJ. It's very rare and it was the first quake that I have felt here that swayed back and forth instead of bouncing up and down like riding a wave.

All plaster/lath repairs in my home held without even showing the slightest hint of a crack!

Comment

I was driving at the time and didn't feel anything. But when I walked into Radio Shack 2 minutes after the occurrence, all the geeks at the counter were overwhelmed with excitement and couldn't stop talking about it.

Oddly, many land lines are down here due to the quake that occurred 100's of miles away.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Face View Post
                          I was driving at the time and didn't feel anything. But when I walked into Radio Shack 2 minutes after the occurrence, all the geeks at the counter were overwhelmed with excitement and couldn't stop talking about it.

Oddly, many land lines are down here due to the quake that occurred 100's of miles away.

Thumbs up on the comic... I'm at work in MA and I felt a vibration in the floor of our lab ~(50ft wide x 120ft long) but I've felt ripples/vibrations in the floor there without an earthquake so I thought nothing of it.

Take it easy
                          Jay
                          "I like Brewski's threads, they always end up being hybrid beer/speaker threads based on the name of his newest creation." - Greywarden

Breakfast Stout - HiVi RT2 II/Aurasound NS6
                          Imperial Russian Stout - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW146/(2) Fountek FW168s - Built by Fastbike
                          Ruination 2.5 way - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW168
                          Levitation TM
                          - Vifa BC25SG15/Fountek FW168

Comment

We had one here in SD last week or so, approaching mag 4.
                            Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

In SW Oklahoma the temperature rose and the wind blew a little harder I think......

Comment

Working...
                              X