Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stentorians Part Duex: With apologies to Pete Schumacher

Curt's Speaker Design Works

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    - Aristotle

Re: Stentorians Part Duex: With apologies to Pete Schumacher

Curtorian?
    "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
    “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Dodecahedron or Dodecahedrian to change it up a bit...
      "I like Brewski's threads, they always end up being hybrid beer/speaker threads based on the name of his newest creation." - Greywarden

Breakfast Stout - HiVi RT2 II/Aurasound NS6
      Imperial Russian Stout - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW146/(2) Fountek FW168s - Built by Fastbike
      Ruination 2.5 way - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW168
      Levitation TM
      - Vifa BC25SG15/Fountek FW168

Comment

Originally posted by Brewski View Post
        Dodecahedron or Dodecahedrian to change it up a bit...
        Sort of taken too.
        "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Face View Post
          Sort of taken too.
          Hmmm - Docurtahedron
          "I like Brewski's threads, they always end up being hybrid beer/speaker threads based on the name of his newest creation." - Greywarden

Breakfast Stout - HiVi RT2 II/Aurasound NS6
          Imperial Russian Stout - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW146/(2) Fountek FW168s - Built by Fastbike
          Ruination 2.5 way - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW168
          Levitation TM
          - Vifa BC25SG15/Fountek FW168

Comment

St2

Comment

How about "The Stents". The tagline can be something like, "Gets your blood pumping!" in reference to their cardiovascular function in the medical world. Too much of a stretch?

Comment

No worries. I doubt that they would ever get confused with these.

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Hey guys take a look at this > http://www.vintage-technology.info/p...leyspeaker.htm It seems this Co had the name long ago as said in post #1.
                  Last edited by thor61; 08-25-2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

hard to say without seeing them. how about " curt and wayne did it again".

i wondered what the two of you were up to.
                    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

It appears that great minds truly think alike ! How about a name like Sixtorians becuase of the 6 NS6's.

Comment

Legion "For [the woofers] are many"

:D

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                        return to the source
                        leviathan system thread
                        deadhorse thread
                        shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Curt,

For a short term name "on loan to James for his GTG". For a long term name "door prize winner of the GTG". Just kidding of coarse.

Do you have any details on them? As you know I am biased with yours and Waynes designs since that is all I own so I am sure these will be very nice also.

Found the thread critofur tarted for details.

James
                          Last edited by exojam; 08-26-2011, 08:29 AM. Reason: added "Found the thread critofur tarted for details"

Comment

What got me interested in the NS6 drivers was their use in the $2500 Green Mountain speaker. On that basis, this design is about $15,000 for the pair.
                            The Roman Numeral calculator says that is: "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM".
                            How about the "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMs"

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                            "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                            SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                            My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Due to their statuesque look, and commanding presence, how about The Sentinels?
                              My projects
                              https://picasaweb.google.com/112307725038877176664

Comment

Working...
                              X