MiniDSP+MiniAMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiniDSP+MiniAMP

I recently purchased a MiniDSP from a friend, and figured that it would be perfect to use in the house rather than in the car as he did. No xovers to design and build, plus I would have a DSP and EQ to play with. As I brainstormed for ideas to use this little bugger, I thought to myself that this would be perfect for desktop speakers. It needs a computer to make all the settings and such, so this can always be plugged into the computer and I can make changes on the fly without much work at all!

I havent been up to date on all of the Mini products but as I checked out their site today, I found the MiniAMP. http://www.minidsp.com/products/miniamp

Bridge Tied Load (BTL) - 2x20W @8ohms/ Single Ended (SE) - 4x10W @4ohms / 2.1ch mode - [email protected] + 1x20W @8ohms

After hearing the 15wpc on my recent Aurbox project, I know that this guy should be enough power for near field use. I have a set of RS180-8's that I would like to build some nice monitors with to pair up with this Mini set.

Does anyone have any experience with the Mini devices? Would I need any other plugin to make this work properly with a computer?

Re: MiniDSP+MiniAMP

Or possibly even one of the sure amps http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...Number=320-304

Comment

anyone?

Comment

I wish I could be of more help, but someone always has to be "first" to try something - might as well be you
        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

The speakers would have to be sensitive as the "clean" power output is limited to 10W.
          "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
          “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
          "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
            I wish I could be of more help, but someone always has to be "first" to try something - might as well be you
            Youre exactly right, i already have the miniDSP. I thought I could save myself some time and money building a passive xover.

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
            The speakers would have to be sensitive as the "clean" power output is limited to 10W.
            Would you need much more than that? Granted I dont plan on powering 12" woofers or anything major. I know the highly efficient NS6's can get insanely loud just off of the 15wpc t-amp.

Comment

Would you need much more than that?
              Me? Yeah ( 10 watts doesn't allow for much crest factor )
              Small room, sensitive speakers and lower crest factor needs lowers power requirements.
              After all some are content with flea power SET amps hooked to horns.
              "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
              “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
              "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Working...
              X