OT: Wish Me Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Wish Me Luck

Had some weird chest pains last Wednesday. No history of heart problems with me or my family. My annual physical last June gave me a clean bill of health. I have none of the risk factors like smoking, drinking or diabetes so it came as a huge shock that the tests showed 3 blockages. So this morning at 8AM, I'm having bypass surgery (I'm sure from the time of this post you can see I am having trouble sleeping - at least the hospital is wireless). I obviously won't be able to follow what's going on here for a week or so, so you guys keep up the good work and advice so I can have plenty of reading material.
    Audiophiles listen to the equipment, not the music.

Re: OT: Wish Me Luck

Sorry to hear your having heart trouble .Bypass surgery is being done a lot lately so the doctors have the procedure down pat. A relatively low risk operation ( although nobody wants there heart operated on even a little). Good Luck and hope to see you back on the forum again soon. PS: Stay away from the Big Macks.

Comment

I wish you the best of luck Steve.
      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Been there, done that. If you have a good doctor you won't feel ANY pain from the incision.

Comment

Hope you heal quickly.
          An apostrophe with an "s" does not mean plural.

Speaker's IS NOT PLURAL.

Comment

From one Senior Member (and Senior in all aspects) to another, I wish you the best possible outcome.
            Paul

Comment

Good luck Steve! You're probably in the OR right now. I hope everything works out for the best and you're back home enjoying your speakers very quickly.
              Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

Wow! I'm sure you'll pull-through, Steve!
                You'll be in my thoughts,
                Wolf
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

We're all rooting for you.

Comment

Good luck. Hope you have some nice speakers to listen to during your recovery time.
                    Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                    Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Having had a valve repair, you have my sympathy. You'll probably feel like hell for a while but everyday you'll feel a little better.

Ron
                      C-Note Iron Driver Build
                      The Lydias
                      The Cherry π's
                      The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
                      My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Henry View Post
                        Had some weird chest pains last Wednesday. No history of heart problems with me or my family. My annual physical last June gave me a clean bill of health. I have none of the risk factors like smoking, drinking or diabetes so it came as a huge shock that the tests showed 3 blockages. So this morning at 8AM, I'm having bypass surgery (I'm sure from the time of this post you can see I am having trouble sleeping - at least the hospital is wireless). I obviously won't be able to follow what's going on here for a week or so, so you guys keep up the good work and advice so I can have plenty of reading material.
                        Best of luck, I'll pray for you.

And hey, listen to the doctors!

TomZ
                        *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Best wishes, you'll be in the thoughts of many elsewhere and on this board.

Comment

Working...
                          X