Central KY DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central KY DIY

Ok guys, the Paul Sawyier Library in Frankfort (where we had it last year) seems to be available on the 19th of November. We could have the room from 9 to 5.

I can also get the Senior Citizens Center here in Lawrenceburg on the 19th, the space is larger than the library in Frankfort, I would have the keys and we could run as long as we wanted.

Ed L. has a line on a place in Berea if that location would suit everyone.

Please post here as to your preference for locations, also does the 19th work for everyone?
    "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Re: Central KY DIY

From the other thread, a list of attendees and possibles.

1. johngalt47
    2. 6thplanet
    3. Wolf
    4. Rory
    5. Matt
    6. Froste
    9. jinjuku
    10. Ed L.
    11. moosespeaker
    12. Jim Griffin
    13. cwad8505
    14. theLinks
    15. rtkelly
    16. Slofunk
    Last edited by tombond; 10-20-2011, 11:08 AM.
    "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

Any of those locations works for me. I will be driving from Lexington so I can get to any of those locations easily.

Comment

No preference for me other than close proximity to lodgings; I'm guessing a 3-hour or so drive from Hilliard, OH, which means for an old person like me driving alone, coming down the evening before (returning home the same day as the event is okay, however).
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by tombond View Post
          Ok guys, the Paul Sawyier Library in Frankfort (where we had it last year) seems to be available on the 19th of November. We could have the room from 9 to 5.

I can also get the Senior Citizens Center here in Lawrenceburg on the 19th, the space is larger than the library in Frankfort, I would have the keys and we could run as long as we wanted.

Ed L. has a line on a place in Berea if that location would suit everyone.

Please post here as to your preference for locations, also does the 19th work for everyone?
          I think the Lawrenceburg Senior Center would be better in my opinion. Especially if it is not entered via stairways. Larger space seems alright. I can imagine that the less-stress of ending time coming too fast like last year could be an advantage if we run a little behind.

Other than that, I agree with Paul about being close to lodgings.
          Berea is further south, and unless it is a room similar to Iowa's theater, I'd like to keep the time driving to a minimum.

Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I'd agree with Ben, time restraints kinda inhibit the relaxed nature of a get together like a DIY event should be. I'm cool with the 19th. (should give enough time to complete the latest project, too!!)
            A mains
            The Ventures
            Open Invit8tions
            RSR
            Sound Troopers
            Acorns
            DGBG's
            The Monuments

Comment

Just learned that my surgery (rotator cuff) has been moved up to Nov. 3rd.. Not sure how mobile I'll be after only 2 weeks. If I can drive, and not be on pain meds, I'll certainly try to come. I'll try to bring 50 Watt's "Super Gila MTM's" that I've recently finished :D
              Chris

Comment

Tom,

Add me to the list.

cwad8505, if your experience is anything like mine, you'll be fine. Both times

I quit taking the narcotics and switched to naproxin after the 2nd or

third day. Your arm will still be in a sling but that doesn't affect your

hearing:p

Rollie

Comment

Is it ok for any Lurkers to attend? :D
                  I wouldn't have anything to show off but I would love to see and hear what folks bring as well as learn anything that I can.

Moved up to the Louisville area from upstate SC about a year ago and still have not been able to sell our house back there so most of my projects have been put on hold until I get a garage again.

As for the gentleman from Evansville who may not be in shape to drive. I'd be glad to give you a lift!

Thanks,

Jamie

Comment

Mr. Kelly, you are on the list sir, glad you'll be able to make it.

Slofunk/Jamie, everyone is welcome to attend. The more the merrier as they say.

Comment

Dang it! I'm flying into Louisville 4 days too late... sure you don't want to move it to the 26th? ;) I kid...

Hope you guys have a great time; I'll be there in spirit.
                      SEC DIY 2014 Speaker Show is on! *November 8th*
                      Wanna win a set of Newform Research R30 ribbons?!?!
                      SEC DIY 2014 Thread

SEC DIY 2012 Speaker Show
                      SEC DIY 2011 Speaker Show

Comment

Originally posted by scottq View Post
                        Dang it! I'm flying into Louisville 4 days too late... sure you don't want to move it to the 26th? ;) I kid...

Hope you guys have a great time; I'll be there in spirit.
                        Let me know if you want meet up when you get in....

Comment

With the 19th being the weekend of Thanksgiving I am going to have to see what what we are doing...

Comment

I believe Thanksgiving is on the 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by johngalt47 View Post
                              I believe Thanksgiving is on the 24th.
                              Well, that solves that problem :D

Comment

Working...
                              X