What's wrong with this Picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with this Picture?

From a design principle standpoint.......

Pic won't post.....oooops

Re: What's wrong with this Picture?

Originally posted by Mayhem13 View Post
    From a design principle standpoint.......

Pic won't post.....oooops
    Hmmm, I don't see anything wrong. Then again, I don't really see anything :D

Comment

bwhahahaha. I hate when that happens..... Seriously.
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

So now you're going to leave us hanging? lol

Comment

Brad
          piano black sealing mdf irregular recesses grill technique

Comment

Mids paired above and below the tweeter? Interesting. I see horizontal issues if those mids run high enough

Comment

Maybe also some extra ripples and bumps in the upper-FR due to the inset the mids and tweet are in? Guess it depends on if the Xover was desigend with this in mind, also the same with the 4-mid arrangement and tweeter cutoff.

The PA woofer looks good bottom mounted... but it's still a PA woofer

Comment

Looks like a pro audio speaker, in which case I can't really see much wrong with it.
                Modding the Lepai T-Amp

Comment

Depending on where they're crossing the mids , that configuration might not be that bad. Diffraction has got to be terrible though , and I wouldn't immediately knock the "PA driver" there is some really nice pro stuff out there , although this may not be it.

Comment

Originally posted by fusseli View Post
                    The PA woofer looks good bottom mounted... but it's still a PA woofer
                    Many PA drivers are suitable for hifi.
                    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mike price View Post
                      Depending on where they're crossing the mids , that configuration might not be that bad.
                      +1.
                      Looks like a pro audio speaker.
                      None I'm familiar with. Maybe studio monitors, along the lines of Westlake or PMC.
                      www.billfitzmaurice.com
                      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by mike price View Post
                        ...Diffraction has got to be terrible though...
                        My first impression as well; with cab edge round-over that is, for all practical purposes, cosmetic.
                        "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                        “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

If I'm not mistaken that's a Legacy Whisper. The design priority is directionality to avoid room effects. Don't know how well it works, but as with all speakers you can find glowing reviews if you look hard enough. Whether they're credible is for you to decide.
                          "We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true."
                          –Robert Wilensky

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Anspach View Post
                            If I'm not mistaken that's a Legacy Whisper. The design priority is directionality to avoid room effects. Don't know how well it works, but as with all speakers you can find glowing reviews if you look hard enough. Whether they're credible is for you to decide.
                            Close...Legacy Helix. Heard them several times and they sounded great with my own demo material. Very unusual design in many respects. Bill Dudleston, their designer made quite an impression on my several years ago at a RMAF. He really knows his stuff and takes great pride in his designs. Never seen measurements, but there have got to be some gremlins as far a lobing and diffraction is concerned, but I could not hear them. According to the website, the xover point btw mids and tweets is 4.5KHz.

http://www.legacyaudio.com/products/view/helix/

Greg

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X