$65 - 19mm Xmax...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $65 - 19mm Xmax...

...Buyout 12" DVC subwoofer. Looks handsome in 3 cubic feet tuned to the mid 20's. Wire the coils in series and build a pair, run them in parallel, and power it with a 1000 watt plate amp.

Not the ugliest subwoofer out there, but the cone printing can be a major turnoff for some people but then again - people use ugly pro woofers all the time, soo....

Plenty of venting around the spider and coil, the motor looks large enough to house that long coil, the surround looks capable of handling the excursion... Probably a pretty good deal even if it is a stamped steel frame.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Re: $65 - 19mm Xmax...

Or, each driver in 1.25 cubic feet sealed with 6db of boost applied around 30 Hz. Not as low, but much more WAF-y.

Comment

That's a pretty cool deal. The xmax sure is nice on that, and it looks like it handles some power. I like 2 of them in an 80 L sealed enclosure. A Behringer iNuke 1000 DSP would be a great way of powering them and being able to boost the low-end at the same time.
      -Dan
      Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

i was looking at those, but the fs was so high i looked the other way. so these could be used(well) as home subs?

Comment

Originally posted by tashspop View Post
          i was looking at those, but the fs was so high i looked the other way. so these could be used(well) as home subs?
          They would work quite well, actually. Fs isn't much of a metric when it comes to subwoofers these days.

Comment

thats good news, i have been looking and thinking about an 18 or pair of 15's, but i can get 4 of these and should have more cone area for my $.

Comment

Those look pretty good......I wished i had seen these before i purchased the TC Sounds 12" Tc1000 4 ohm dvc as i could have purchased 2 of these .....Anyone wanna trade :D

I still may purchase 2 of these .....People love gifts like this...

Great Find Johnny..................

Comment

That's a heck of a deal if they meet those published specs. 90dB sensitivity and 19mm xmax = loud! Fs could be lower, but I suppose they are meant as a car sub.
                "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
                exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

From the rest of the specs, it looks like the efficiency is closer to 85dB 1W/1M. That 90.7dB number probably corrolates to 2.83V with the two 4 ohm coils in parallel. It still looks like a very capable sub for $65, though. The print on the cone isn't particularly cheesy either.

Dan
                  The Hurricanes
                  The Baronettes
                  Conneccentric
                  UX3

Comment

I wonder is a solvent could remove the print without damaging the anodized finish?
                    Form does not follow function
                    Form is simultaneous to function

Comment

The VC is 34mm long and the xmax is 19mm? Perhaps it's 19mm p-p.

Comment

You're probably right. Still, it's a good deal if it doesn't need to go really low.

Comment

I wish I knew the answer to how well they would perform as pairs in a "w- baffle"...
                          Mongo only pawn in game of life
                          ____
                          Ed

Comment

Even if Xmax is 1/2 the 19mm, a pair will still take the 1000 watts without exceeding Xmax.

Ed, the problem with drivers like these is they require a leap of faith to try them. They are an "unknown", and someone always has to be first.

Comment

Johnny, I have to see what's left...then I find out what "Santa" can bring me...:p

I am glad you pointed them out.
                              Mongo only pawn in game of life
                              ____
                              Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X