Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a couple questions on first build (stentorians)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple questions on first build (stentorians)

I'm building the stentorians.
    1st question I have is on the crossovers. I have all my parts for my crossover except for the I core inductors. There suppose to be here today, according to the tracking. I was planning on hot gluing all the components to the board except for the resisters. I was going to let them stick up above the board a little for better air circulation. Is this a good idea? Or not worth the bother?

For the speaker stuffing...can I use fiberglass insulation or should I head to walmart and pick up some pillow stuffing?

Heres some pics of where I'm at.

[IMG][/IMG]

For the back I wanted to close it up so I just made a speaker grill so it should have good enough ventilation.Hopefully.[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Re: a couple questions on first build (stentorians)

I take it that the speaker grill covers up the crossover section, and that it's not open to the woofers . . .

Don't worry about mounting the inductors off the board. Won't hurt to give the resistors extra air flow.

Fiberglass will work well. If you can, place a thin layer of open cell foam over it to keep any fibers from getting loose.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Nice paint job on those guys!

Dan

Comment

+1 on the Paint!:D
        Audiophiles listen to the equipment, not the music.

Comment

Thanks...

yes ,the speaker grill covers the crossover section ,so it allows good airflow.

Comment

When you install the drivers in the speaker do you put a little caulk or something on the back edge for a tight seal?

Comment

Cool paint job..I'll guess it was done with a stencil?

Comment

I covered it with frog tape and my son drew out the design and cut it out. It turned out pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by nackesww View Post
                  When you install the drivers in the speaker do you put a little caulk or something on the back edge for a tight seal?
                  If the speakers did not include a gasket, then you should add one to get an air-tight seal. I just use thin weather stripping from the home improvement stores.
                  Beer party, party of 4
                  Your table is now ready.

Comment

Working...
                  X