Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest project: table saw workbench

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Latest project: table saw workbench

    My latest project, a table saw workbench/out feed table. The whole deal is on locking casters, so it's easy to move around. I have a shelf on the bottom for storage of my tool tote, circular saw, drills etc. Then there's a shelf under the top for a hardware storage box, and I have my socket set tucked in on the other side. Under the saw there's a drawer for extra blades, and whatever else I don't need all the time. Dust collection is achieved via a (removable) cardboard shroud at the back of the saw, and an angled panel under the saw that both dump into a ramped section between the vertical support legs. It's all boxed in with plywood, and then I used a hole saw to drill through the side to hook up a vac. It's not perfect, but it works well enough for now. It keeps the dust off the bench, and out of the drawer underneath, so I'm happy with it. Future plans, maybe MDF for the top instead of the 2x6's, and maybe another drawer or two under the top for quick access to hand tools.
    Attached Files
    My modest builds:
    Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
    Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
    Armadillo Center Channel
    Au-Rock-O Sub
    Tarkus
    Staining MDF tutorial

  • #2
    Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

    Looks nice Mike. I can see some thought went into it. Some good ideas there. I see the Ryobi has been replaced...
    Tritrix HT:http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=222519
    Dayton 12" Subwoofer: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=222930
    Overnight Sensations: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=223751
    Cerberus sub: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...hlight=cerebus
    Duellatis: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=224943
    NTN's: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=227902

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

      that is a ridiculously clean garage... also an awesome project, I would like to see more woodworking how-to's like this.

      Have you built a sled for your saw? I would love to see pics if you did.
      My Build Blog: LHark Audio

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

        Originally posted by Soundslike View Post
        Looks nice Mike. I can see some thought went into it. Some good ideas there. I see the Ryobi has been replaced...
        Correction: Gaelen, not Mike :D (no worries)

        And yeah, sadly, the Ryobi was lost in the fire but the new dewalt is pretty nice, and the rack and pinion fence is sweet. It's a bit louder than the BT3000 was, and no belt drive, but I like it, overall it's a good deal.
        My modest builds:
        Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
        Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
        Armadillo Center Channel
        Au-Rock-O Sub
        Tarkus
        Staining MDF tutorial

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

          Originally posted by fezzywigger View Post
          that is a ridiculously clean garage... also an awesome project, I would like to see more woodworking how-to's like this.

          Have you built a sled for your saw? I would love to see pics if you did.
          Thanks! It's all new (recently restored actually, had a pretty nasty fire last year) so that's why it's so clean. They had to epoxy coat the floor for me because they couldn't get the black out of the concrete. I also took advice from one of the members on here, and painted the walls with a porch and floor paint, and I'm glad I did! It's super durable, and totally washable, so no grease stains on the walls from wrenchin' on the car :D Sawdust doesn't seem to stick to it either (like the flat white paint they usually use) but if it ever does I can just take a push broom to it and not worry about leaving marks on the walls.

          To answer your question, no, I haven't built a sled yet, but I do plan to. I'll be sure to post a new thread when I do. In fact, I'll probably just start a shop build thread since that's basically what I'm going to be doing, starting over from scratch. I agree, we could use a few good how-to threads around here. I know there are a bunch out there on other woodworking forums, but not everyone here needs a full blown dedicated wood shop to build speakers :D It would be nice though.
          My modest builds:
          Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
          Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
          Armadillo Center Channel
          Au-Rock-O Sub
          Tarkus
          Staining MDF tutorial

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

            Originally posted by bolland83 View Post
            I agree, we could use a few good how-to threads around here.
            I second your agreement and I'd also like to see you mess up that shop a little. It is too clean...I mean way too clean. DO NOT let my wife see those pictures!! :p
            Bryan K.

            Midwest Audio Club

            Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

              Originally posted by bolland83 View Post
              Thanks! It's all new (recently restored actually, had a pretty nasty fire last year) so that's why it's so clean. They had to epoxy coat the floor for me because they couldn't get the black out of the concrete. I also took advice from one of the members on here, and painted the walls with a porch and floor paint, and I'm glad I did! It's super durable, and totally washable, so no grease stains on the walls from wrenchin' on the car :D Sawdust doesn't seem to stick to it either (like the flat white paint they usually use) but if it ever does I can just take a push broom to it and not worry about leaving marks on the walls.

              To answer your question, no, I haven't built a sled yet, but I do plan to. I'll be sure to post a new thread when I do. In fact, I'll probably just start a shop build thread since that's basically what I'm going to be doing, starting over from scratch. I agree, we could use a few good how-to threads around here. I know there are a bunch out there on other woodworking forums, but not everyone here needs a full blown dedicated wood shop to build speakers :D It would be nice though.


              I'm glad that my advice on the porch and floor paint worked out well for you, I love that stuff.
              Yes, your garage is far too clean. You can have me over whenever you want and I will help you dirty it up a bit!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

                Well, I haven't cut any MDF in there yet, so I'm sure once I do, I can kiss that squeeky clean look goodbye :D
                My modest builds:
                Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                Armadillo Center Channel
                Au-Rock-O Sub
                Tarkus
                Staining MDF tutorial

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

                  Originally posted by bolland83 View Post
                  Well, I haven't cut any MDF in there yet, so I'm sure once I do, I can kiss that squeeky clean look goodbye :D
                  Well then, let's cut some!!!:D


                  Seriously, I like that table. A lot. I want one.


                  Mark
                  You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

                  ~Pink Floyd

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

                    Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
                    Well then, let's cut some!!!:D


                    Seriously, I like that table. A lot. I want one.


                    Mark
                    Then we'll just have to build you one sometime. A get together is long overdue, but now that I have my house back and things aren't as hectic, maybe we can make that happen.
                    My modest builds:
                    Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                    Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                    Armadillo Center Channel
                    Au-Rock-O Sub
                    Tarkus
                    Staining MDF tutorial

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Latest project: table saw workbench

                      What, no ice chest? Can't you stick a bottle opener on the side of that thing?!?

                      :p

                      But, seriously: that is TOTALLY sweet

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X