Attn. Steve Henry, Dali Mentor tweeter plate on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn. Steve Henry, Dali Mentor tweeter plate on Ebay

Just to let you know, I had seen these prior to your post but your post renewed my interest. I bought a pair, I figured it was a gamble buying from Hong Kong but I chanced it. They arrived today ahead of schedule. Nuke proof packing and beautiful pieces. Very heavy, well made, thick aluminum plate, hope they sound as good as they look. Seller on Ebay- Anitaydavid

Re: Attn. Steve Henry, Dali Mentor tweeter plate on Ebay

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
    Just to let you know, I had seen these prior to your post but your post renewed my interest. I bought a pair, I figured it was a gamble buying from Hong Kong but I chanced it. They arrived today ahead of schedule. Nuke proof packing and beautiful pieces. Very heavy, well made, thick aluminum plate, hope they sound as good as they look. Seller on Ebay- Anitaydavid
    Thanks Dwight. I recently had the chance to hear the one of the Dali speakers that use this plate & was very impressed with the SQ (but not the price). I'm going to pull the trigger myself. BTW, another international eBay seller has the woofers for this model, but they are about $240 a pair shipped. I appreciate the update.
    Audiophiles listen to the equipment, not the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
      Just to let you know......... Seller on Ebay- Anitaydavid
      A search of this name on Ebay does not produce any results! How about a link?

Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
        A search of this name on Ebay does not produce any results! How about a link?

Different Hong Kong seller today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DALI-Ikon1-r...7#ht_521wt_952

Comment

Chinese new year: no Ebay listings

I found anitaydavid they just don't have any listings. FYI Ikon=plastic plate Mentor=aluminum plate. Link to store homepage http://stores.ebay.com/anita-hifi-DI...id=p4340.l2563 Well link didn't work but you can search that seller and look at completed listings, nice stuff.

Comment

These are really interesting. Are these being used to recreate a DIY version of those Dali's or is there another design in the mix? Care to share any details?

Comment

Originally posted by TrickyMike View Post
              These are really interesting. Are these being used to recreate a DIY version of those Dali's or is there another design in the mix? Care to share any details?
              To be honest, I thought about both. The 5.25's & the 8's that are in the Euphonia ($15k):eek: design show up on eBay from a few different Hong Kong sellers from time to time. I have not pulled the trigger due to the over seas transaction. But now that we have confirmation of prompt shipping, good packaging and the item as stated, I will start looking for them again.

Comment

Most Chinese sellers are on holiday because of Chinese New Year. So they'll be back soon.
                Break in period = The time it takes for the new speakers to break in. And the time it takes for you ears to get adjusted to the new speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Henry View Post
                  To be honest, I thought about both.
                  Cool. I'd be interested to see what you do with the dome/ribbon.
                  Kind of a noob question, but is comb filtering an issue with this type of design? (This question is probably a dead horse around here)

Comment

My honest reason for buying

I bought it because I thought it was cool looking and a pretty good deal. I really doubt if it is any better than one good quality tweeter but I think it makes good eye candy. I'm unsure what i might do with it but I will put it to good use. NOTE: I can't vouch for every Ebayer in Hong Kong but my experience with this one was perfect.

Comment

Dali Euphonia MS5
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Did anyone ever get around to measuring these tweeters. I would love to see the results. I have been sitting on a pair for 6 months. I'm thinking about using them with a Mark Audio alpair 10 wide bass and a Dayton rs270 in a 3way.
                        Thanks, J.

Comment

Working...
                        X