Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nigelb
    replied
    I used to be a production designer for film and commercials. I can’t tell you the number of times that the director or producer asked for specific audio equipment to decorate a set. Almost always we’d end up having someone deliver to their homes after the shoot and it was swallowed up in the art dept. budget. It’s quite possible I may have done the same thing at some time or another ;0

Leave a comment:

• fdieck
    replied
    I notice turntables and speakers...

Clearaudio turntable- Tomb Raider

Transcripter turntable advent speakers- Clockwork Orange

Thorens TD160- Jesse Stone Tom Seleck TV movie

Klipschorn- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post
    I always notice speakers in T.V. and movies. My name is Dwight and I have a speaker addiction.
    I have to think that most if not all of us here share your addiction

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    I always notice speakers in T.V. and movies. My name is Dwight and I have a speaker addiction.

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied
    Re: DIY custom speakers go hollywood?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19CvEO3Riy0

Leave a comment:

• scottsehlin
    replied

My personal favorite is a little old school...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mark65
    replied

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
    How about ones made with ice?

http://youtu.be/4JipHEz53sU (just in case you're glutton for punishment)

Argh. Couldn't get past the first few seconds of that, the commercial that plays before it is better....

Mark

Leave a comment:

• SteveB123
    replied

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
    It's called 'Product Placement'. Manufacturers pay big bucks to get airtime for their products.
    T'wasn't always so. Just days before the release of 'Lola' Ray Davies had to go back to the studio and dub in the words 'cherry cola' instead of the original 'Coca Cola', as some genius at Coke had denied them permission to use the name, squandering a few hundred million free advertising airplays. :(
    Song was modified for British broadcasting rules against "product placement" advertising.

Nothing to do with Coke at all.

That's why you can hear both versions!

Leave a comment:

• diy speaker guy
    replied

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post

That was an interesting video. If you move the space in the title, it's superb ***, which (I think) was the point. The video for Dance (***) in which she features is interesting as well.

Leave a comment:

• diy speaker guy
    replied

Originally posted by Bart Oetken View Post
    I dont know if Im the only one that's noticed this. Ive noticed with Meet me at the greek has p diddy in it. HE has some speakers behind him there white and they are tappered on the sides of the enclosures.
    You're not the only one that noticed, but if that's all you noticed you missed a few. In Diddy's office, he's got those 2 pyramid shaped speakers behind him. But those 2 massive towers in front of him (amongst the people at the meeting) also look like they might be speakers. Also, in the Aldous's NY(?) apartment, there's another pair of those pyramid shaped speakers but I didn't notice if they are the same ones in Diddy's office. Also, in the fat guy (what's his name?)'s home there are a pair of see thru speakers made from glass or plexi or something. And that's only the ones I noticed, I wasn't actually looking for speakers.

Anyway, I doubt any of these are diy.

FWIW, Get Him To The Greek starts in 2 minutes on M-Fun channel, I'll be watching again. Can't ever get me enough Rose Byrne, I love her. Love her. Love her.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Carmody
    replied

Leave a comment:

• saabracer23
    replied

Yeah I have noticed it too, I have seen alot of maridians offerings.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied

It's called 'Product Placement'. Manufacturers pay big bucks to get airtime for their products.
    T'wasn't always so. Just days before the release of 'Lola' Ray Davies had to go back to the studio and dub in the words 'cherry cola' instead of the original 'Coca Cola', as some genius at Coke had denied them permission to use the name, squandering a few hundred million free advertising airplays. :(

Leave a comment:

• Bart Oetken
    replied

Yeah thats so true Its been forever since I've seen friends, and yes they are still there in my mind back in day. Diy or manf speakers either way always makes a room come together.

Leave a comment:

• Mikers
    replied

Yup, couldn't miss them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X