broke down but in good hands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broke down but in good hands.

some of you might have seen where my truck broke down in ohio. it just so happens the paul k live about 10 min from the hotel i was stuck in for two days. fixed good enough to make it home just about noon sat.
    for most of one day i was the guest of paul and his wife barb along with big ol' bj the cat.
    we must have listened to parts of 25 cds. about four hours worth. those cantilinas are amazing to listen to as well as look at.

that tweeter is part of the reason. the other two drivers were nice too. kind of tweaked my intrest in speedster build.

paul, thanks to you and barb for the hospitality and the free lunch. i think after some conversation i may have a little better understanding of tl's.
    i will be sending some info so you can workup another tl for me at your leisure.
    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Re: broke down but in good hands.

That is one clean looking room!

Comment

I expect more breakdowns will happen in Paul's area:D

Comment

it is a clean room, as was the rest of the place. even his workshop floor is spotless.
        i found the speakers most interesting. they seemed almost loud (not in a bad way) but we were able to speak in quite normal voices. he let me have the sweet spot, where i took the pic from, all day.
        " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

Comment

As I said in johngalt's thread about TL stuffing, I enjoyed having Lowell here for a listening session and I truly appreciate his compliments as well as his questions.
          Paul

Comment

I've never been much of a fan of radiused top speakers, they just don't appeal to me aesthetically, but I have to THOSE THINGS LOOK AWESOME! The wood accents just set those things off! You have changed my opinion on speakers shape. Well done!!!

Comment

Where else can you get this bonding? This speaks alot about the people here on PE forum, there's not alot of other places that can say the same! It's tough to let your guard down at times, but there are so many here that are so kind.
              Tim

Comment

Originally posted by theLinks View Post
                Where else can you get this bonding? This speaks alot about the people here on PE forum, there's not alot of other places that can say the same! It's tough to let your guard down at times, but there are so many here that are so kind.
                Tim
                here, here.
                i cant wait to see his next build.

Comment

Awesome speakers, nice story, and beautiful cat. Sounds like a good time!
                  -Dan
                  Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

Cat-the OTHER white meat. (Just kidding, just kidding!;) )

Comment

Originally posted by Whitneyville1 View Post
                      Cat-the OTHER white meat. (Just kidding, just kidding!;) )
                      Ok Alf

Comment

Thanks for the compliments but the best thing about the canTiLenas is their sound.
                        Paul

Originally posted by zerohourghost View Post
                        I've never been much of a fan of radiused top speakers, they just don't appeal to me aesthetically, but I have to THOSE THINGS LOOK AWESOME! The wood accents just set those things off! You have changed my opinion on speakers shape. Well done!!!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, BJ is a beautiful cat. He's also very big (~20 pounds) and has a Jekyll and Hyde personality. When's he good, he's very, very good, but when he being pesky, he's a real nuisance. The reason you don't see anything displayed on the fireplace mantel is because he will knock whatever's up there off!
                          Paul

Originally posted by djkest View Post
                          Awesome speakers, nice story, and beautiful cat. Sounds like a good time!

Comment

Just so you aren't terribly disappointed, the next build will be a bit more simple in looks, but a bit special in design, and everyone will have to wait until MWAF to see and hear them or learn anything about them.
                            Paul

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
                            here, here.
                            i cant wait to see his next build.

Comment

Paul when I visit my brother in a few weeks, I would love to stop by and hear those. He is very close to you.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Working...
                              X