Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

How's this for a Rat Rod entry? (ND90 weekend boombox)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure one of the drivers is not wired backwards (+ to - and - to +). That will definitely mute the bass output.
    Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
      Make sure one of the drivers is not wired backwards (+ to - and - to +). That will definitely mute the bass output.
      Hi, I've double checked everything and it's all well plugged. But obviously the problem is related to the chamber which is not split in two part. It's quite clear that 2 stereo speaker can't share the same chamber. Now I have to find a solution to do not throw away what have I done .

Comment

Sorry to say that the partition will not fix your bass response issue.
        Craig

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
          Sorry to say that the partition will not fix your bass response issue.
          Hi, What should I do to fix this bass response issue? Build another box again?

Comment

Triple check the wiring on that amp. Not to toot my own horn but I'm damn good at wiring things up and for some reason I've messed up twice wiring those KAB boards for some reason. I've done it with the heliumBT radio and also a custom full range SB acoustics cigar box BT I've built......
            Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

what (exactly) are the dims of your (single) "slot" vent (H, W, & Length/depth)???

Comment

Originally posted by Valerio View Post
                Hi everyone, I have a problem about the result of this project. First of all i'm a newbie of speaker design and this is my second project. I've made a boombox speaker like you using ND90-8, the KAB215-15W amp and the filter that Paul has made. I've also tuned the box to 60Hz more or less but using the entire box which is approx 8 liters, instead of using a tube i've made a squared opening (calculated in WinISD). The result it's a mess: extreme lacking of bass. But, if I use just one channel (so one speaker) there is an increase of the bass frequencies. I came up with 2 possible problems: 1) I totally made a mess with the box using all the volume instead of split it like Paul did. 2) the amplifier is not powerful enough to push these speaker to the right power. Thanks
                i'm a novice as well, but it sounds like you have a similar issue to my first run with the tectonics and the DTA-2 amp. i built a box based on somebodies design, which was a t-line and thought it sounded alright, lacking in bass a bit, then i sized the box myself and found that the previous enclosure could have been undersized and the results between the same running gear were night and day, because the bass response was heaps better.

I'm guessing if you add a divider now the two enclosures may be too small for the ND90's? I recently went through a similar journey with the ND65's and was completely underwhelmed as what i pictured in my minds eye was not what i got when i plugged it in. There are many helpful chaps here that could help you find a solution.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                  what (exactly) are the dims of your (single) "slot" vent (H, W, & Length/depth)???
                  Because of the single chamber is just one slot vent. It's 1cm(H), 23cm(W) and 17cm length. here's the screenshot of the WinISD conf.

Anyway guys thank you a lot, all of you. I didn't expected this warm community. I will try to triple check everything, let's see.

Comment

W/out the divider, when BOTH channels play bass, you get a "bump" of about +3dB @ 80Hz, and (as has been said) when only ONE ch. has bass, it's more like +6dB @ 60Hz.

Comment

Hi everyone, i'm happy to say to you that now my bluetooth speaker works good! According to Dayton wiring guide this is the way to plug the speakers: https://www.daytonaudio.com/media/re...t-guide(2).pdf but one speaker is out of phase in this way! So after I've inverted the right channel (see image attached) the speakers works definitely better. Now the sound is quite powerful and pretty nice. Thanks to everyone!

Comment

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X