73" Mitsubishi Tv DLP owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73" Mitsubishi Tv DLP owners?

I currently have a LG 60" PLASMA tv. I love it, its a nice screen. But I was wanting to put it in my bedroom. Add at the 73" tv in my living/ ht room.

Does anyone own a 73" Mitsubishi Tv DLP? I looked at one at a local store. And, the thing I've noticed is that all of the tvs looks look terrible as in screen displaying there feed for a sat or dvd Which isnt quality at all when it comes to selling me a tv. Looks like a monster and would be a great fit for my house.

Anyone?

Thanks

Bart
    I love Diy audio, because its just me and my ideas and my shop. I can make and mold my ideas and put them to play, its an amazing thing to be able to do!!

Re: 73" Mitsubishi Tv DLP owners?

I saw one of the 2010 82" models at a local retailer, my thoughts were.... "meh" even though I was super hyped to go see it because I wanted one, and had just started saving for it...

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
    return to the source
    leviathan system thread
    deadhorse thread
    shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

No, but I owned Two of their 60" models.

Stick to your plasma, DLP quality is TERRIBLE. Color feels unnatural, but most importantly, they are very blurry. Complete lack of sharpness.

I had a Samsung 40" 550 LCD, mits 60638 DLP, mits 60C9(?), and currently have a Panasonic TC-P50S30.

DLP comes in with a distant 'last place,' unless you're going to sit Way back.

The plasma is by far the best of the three, though.

Originally posted by Bart Oetken View Post
      I currently have a LG 60" PLASMA tv. I love it, its a nice screen. But I was wanting to put it in my bedroom. Add at the 73" tv in my living/ ht room.

Does anyone own a 73" Mitsubishi Tv DLP? I looked at one at a local store. And, the thing I've noticed is that all of the tvs looks look terrible as in screen displaying there feed for a sat or dvd Which isnt quality at all when it comes to selling me a tv. Looks like a monster and would be a great fit for my house.

Anyone?

Thanks

Bart
      An apostrophe with an "s" does not mean plural.

Speaker's IS NOT PLURAL.

Comment

I currently have Mitz's 65" DLP. Bought in late 2010 on sale. As long as you're not right up by it, I think the picture quality is great. Especially when watching Blu-Ray movies. Mine has the better guts inside though, so that makes a difference. No bluriness in fast moving scenes.

I know that there are LCD, and LED TV's out there that look sharper, but if you are going for size + great quality image, then I wouldn't hesitate. I like being able to say that I have a 65" Full HD TV for the cost of a mid-high quality 37-40 inch flat screen. :D
        RYAN N.

"Why do you have the stereo on while you're watching TV?" - "....Cause I like to party."

RSS390HF Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=224998
        AviaTrix Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=230372
        Wolf's PC Speakers Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...84#post1838384
        Overnight Sensations MT Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ation-MT-build

Comment

Originally posted by icor1031 View Post
          No, but I owned Two of their 60" models.

Stick to your plasma, DLP quality is TERRIBLE. Color feels unnatural, but most importantly, they are very blurry. Complete lack of sharpness.

I had a Samsung 40" 550 LCD, mits 60638 DLP, mits 60C9(?), and currently have a Panasonic TC-P50S30.

DLP comes in with a distant 'last place,' unless you're going to sit Way back.

The plasma is by far the best of the three, though.
          I dont agree with that about DLP. I have a 46'' DLP Toshiba... I kept it through the years because DLP does not have the problems like LED, LCD, Plasma as far as refresh times. For sports, and for the money, they are tops. They do not like sunlight though...not enough contrast or something. DLP to me has as crisp an image as anything besides the really expensive tv's. 1080p on my DLP is stunning... on par with anything modern under $2k. It has been used in large rooms and small rooms...not a problem with either viewing distance.
          You WILL have to replace bulb(s) in a DLP every 5 years or so. Mine went out after 5 years, then again after 3 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by ROTECH View Post
            DLP to me has as crisp an image as anything besides the really expensive tv's. 1080p on my DLP is stunning...
            I actually had a chance to do a side by side comparison of my DLP vs my buddies 47" Philips LCD with the works. It was during a hard core session of Halo Reach :rolleyes:

I was a bit nervous until my buddy mentioned how mine didn't get choppy during certain parts of the game. His TV was no slouch either. Same HDMI cables, and same generation 360's. They were just as bright side by side in a low light room, and just as sharp of an image.
            RYAN N.

"Why do you have the stereo on while you're watching TV?" - "....Cause I like to party."

RSS390HF Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=224998
            AviaTrix Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=230372
            Wolf's PC Speakers Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...84#post1838384
            Overnight Sensations MT Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ation-MT-build

Comment

I have a 47" Philips about three years old. The LCD "jitter" was a compromise I was willing to make. I hardly notice it, and when using my HTPC I get minimal mouse trails compared to my $300 LCD monitor.

I miss my old CRT RPTV, that thing just did everything well. The Philips has a better over-all picture, but... For example, when I bought the LCD I had to buy a new DVD player because the LCD just doesn't scale very well compared to the CRT I was using.

All moot since next year I will be upgrading again.
              Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

I sold my RPTV because the lamps was dim and I dropped one of the convergence pots, plus it was effin' huge.
                Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

I've had the 73" mistubishi for a little over 2 years. I have zero complaints and recommend it as the best bang-for-the-buck BIG screen out there.

As with any HDTV, what you see at the store is probably set to "flamethrower" to give the impression of brighter and bolder picture.

Comment

I actually have owned 2 DLP's (not the Mits...Both Samsungs) I actually prefer them, (and would still be using my HLT DLP if it weren't for an inept repair man...) over my new Samsung edge-lit LED 3D. The picture quality is excellent. I agree, however, with the bright room comment.
                    The bulbs are actually coming down in price, so that is a non-issue. After a few years, you essentially get a new set...
                    Question, though...If you are ready for a 73 incher...why not step up to a projector? If you catch the right deal, you can get a nice set-up for around the same as what you would have invested in a large-ish LCD...(granted, the DLP is going to be a bit less...) I was faced with this delimma, when shopping for a nice setup for my basement. I pulled the trigger, built my own screen...cable runs and all, I have less than 1500.00 in my "theater". ( I DID, however, already have all the audio equipment...)
                    If I can't afford it...I don't need it

Comment

I had researched those Mitsu DLP TVs. I found too many complaints about white dots showing up after a few years. Just do some google searching. It seems to be a pretty wide spread problem.

I too recommend the projector route for a large screen. The only thing you would be giving up is TV speakers and tuner. Both screens need to be viewed in a darker room.

Comment

Originally posted by generic View Post
                        I had researched those Mitsu DLP TVs. I found too many complaints about white dots showing up after a few years. Just do some google searching. It seems to be a pretty wide spread problem.

I too recommend the projector route for a large screen. The only thing you would be giving up is TV speakers and tuner. Both screens need to be viewed in a darker room.
                        I've had a 65" Mitsu DLP for about 4.5 years now, and I had the "white dot" problem. Evidently TI sent out a bad batch of DLP chips. If they admittedly sent out bad parts, I don't understand why they're not the ones paying to fix them. Luckily, we had purchased the extended warranty and it was fixed free of charge (for some reason we were nervous about spending that much $$$ on a TV, and it paid off, but I'm off topic). I don't believe the "white dot" issue is a problem except for the TV's built about 5-6 years ago (not to say that it couldn't happen again some day).

All that aside, the picture quality is amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone else. It has already been stated that you can't really beat them for BIG screen TV's. I have to disagree somewhat with people's comments about watching in bright rooms. We have our TV on the lower brightness setting, and as long as you don't have direct sunlight on the screen, there is NO problem at all viewing it. No, it's not as bright as a plasma when viewed in a very bright room, but if I ran it on the brighter setting, 90% of the time it'd be too bright anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 1100xxben View Post
                          I've had a 65" Mitsu DLP for about 4.5 years now, and I had the "white dot" problem. Evidently TI sent out a bad batch of DLP chips. If they admittedly sent out bad parts, I don't understand why they're not the ones paying to fix them. Luckily, we had purchased the extended warranty and it was fixed free of charge (for some reason we were nervous about spending that much $$$ on a TV, and it paid off, but I'm off topic). I don't believe the "white dot" issue is a problem except for the TV's built about 5-6 years ago (not to say that it couldn't happen again some day).

All that aside, the picture quality is amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone else. It has already been stated that you can't really beat them for BIG screen TV's. I have to disagree somewhat with people's comments about watching in bright rooms. We have our TV on the lower brightness setting, and as long as you don't have direct sunlight on the screen, there is NO problem at all viewing it. No, it's not as bright as a plasma when viewed in a very bright room, but if I ran it on the brighter setting, 90% of the time it'd be too bright anyway.
                          I hope your right. The white dot horror stories are in reviews of modern Mitsu DLP TVs. Even worse, the owners can't seem to get the issue resolved. Mitsu just seems to pretend the problem doesn't exist, and that is the worst part of it all.

If someone really wants a Mitsu DLP TV, I think an extended warranty is in order. You might get lucky and never need it, but one repair will pay for the extra cost of the warranty.

Comment

60" Mits DLP owner, purchased for $899 new ~3 1/2 years ago, awesome picture, daylight viewable (not like an LCD/Plasma is, but for me DLP wins on all other counts), original bulb (replacements only $99 if needed), no issues so far.

I too read about the Mits DLP issues and higher than average failure rate, so I did what I never do and bought an extended warranty for $180. Didn't need it. Total investment so far is about ~$26 a month, so even if it gives up the ghost tomorrow I feel I got my money's worth out of it, and will replace it with a 73" DLP.

Comment

"White Dot" is not exclusive to Mits'...In fact that is what led to the downfall of my Sammys...Samsung paid for a one time repair for the White Dot Syndrome, (even though I was out of warranty). The tech they sent was incompetant, had broken some alignment screws, scratched the lens, and ruined my set. There were no parts available. The repair company bought my LED. That said, I would definitely choose my DLP over the new edge-lit LED...Don't get me wrong, it's a nice picture, and the slim frame has high WAF. But the drawbacks, (clouding, bleeding, flashlighting) drive me insane. (My wife and kids never see it, so I don't say anything...)
                              If I can't afford it...I don't need it

Comment

Working...
                              X