Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the "INTIMATES" (high WAF & quality sound)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introducing the "INTIMATES" (high WAF & quality sound)

Originally posted by carlspeak View Post
    Roman, are you asking me to build with the drivers you listed? Or is that what you are building? Is the Viawave the Russian tweeter?
    no, no. I will build with Satori and Viawave. You already have Intimates with Mundorf AMT and Revelator.
    Yes, Viawave is the Russian ribbon.
    http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DanP View Post
      Hey Carl,

Maybe I'm missing something, but in the xsim schematic in the original post, it looks like the system impedance would be whatever the DC resistance of the 0.33mH inductor is, which I'm guessing is extremely low. Am I seeing that right?

Dan
      You are correct, seems that the inductor should be on the other side of the 10 ohm resistor
      across the tweeter. It is an RL tweeter crossover.

Comment

Originally posted by DanP View Post
        Hey Carl,

Maybe I'm missing something, but in the xsim schematic in the original post, it looks like the system impedance would be whatever the DC resistance of the 0.33mH inductor is, which I'm guessing is extremely low. Am I seeing that right?

Dan
        Good catch Dan. I made that schematic to improve upon the hand drawn one at my photobucket link. The hand drawn schematic has the resistor before the shunted coil. When that was done, the design had a 15 ohm resistor which eventually changed to a 10 after many listening hours. It was done soon after learning how to use xsim. Look at the simm'd impedance plot! :eek:
        which I evidently didn't pay attention to. That schematic is on my old computer, so I'll have to recreate it on my new one and replace the one in error if I ever find the time since NO ONE seems to have built my initial design nor probably ever will.
        Last edited by carlspeak; 10-12-2015, 09:33 AM.
        Live in Southern N.E.? check out the CT Audio Society web site.

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
          no, no. I will build with Satori and Viawave. You already have Intimates with Mundorf AMT and Revelator.
          Yes, Viawave is the Russian ribbon.
          The 'challenge' is an interesting one, but I'll take a pass on making the arduous drive (for me at least) to Brooklyn. Go ahead and build your speakers. I will be interested to see how they measure and fare at your next DIY NY/NJ event. Am I the only DIY'r who's implemented a Mundorf AMT into a TW design??????

Comment

The 'challenge' is an interesting one, but I'll take a pass on making the arduous drive (for me at least) to Brooklyn. Go ahead and build your speakers. I will be interested to see how they measure and fare at your next DIY NY/NJ event. Am I the only DIY'r who's implemented a Mundorf AMT into a TW design??????
            C'mon Carl, bring them to Brooklyn. I would really like to hear the
            Mundorf's, the only other forum member to say they heard them was CraigK. He gave them good remarks, not sure if it was a DIY design or
            commercial. Roman are you narrowing down a date for DIY NY/NJ ?

Comment

Depending on the date of the DIY event, I might be talked into shipping them to Roman if someone prepaid the cost. However, I've been without them now for quite some time and miss them a lot. So, when they do eventually get back to me, I won't be in a hurry to part with them.

Comment

Depending on the date of the DIY event, I might be talked into shipping them to Roman if someone prepaid the cost. However, I've been without them now for quite some time and miss them a lot. So, when they do eventually get back to me, I won't be in a hurry to part with them.
                Someone prepays the cost to ship them to Romans shop , this seems to be the opposite of what DIY get togethers
                are about. Hold onto them Carl until I send you the pre-paid shipping docs.

Comment

Originally posted by Squidspeak View Post
                  C'mon Carl, bring them to Brooklyn. I would really like to hear the
                  Mundorf's, the only other forum member to say they heard them was CraigK. He gave them good remarks, not sure if it was a DIY design or
                  commercial. Roman are you narrowing down a date for DIY NY/NJ ?
                  I am not narrowing the date yet. Got to do a couple of projects for PE and was hoping to let em rip on next NY/NJ DIY.
                  The weather is going to start getting bad soon, so may be after New Years?
                  Feb/March something?

Comment

I am not narrowing the date yet. Got to do a couple of projects for PE and was hoping to let em rip on next NY/NJ DIY.
                    Feb/March something?
                    Late March, early April so snow isn't a concern?
                    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Face View Post
                      Late March, early April so snow isn't a concern?
                      Oh Mike. Very rude of me, but Congratulations!
                      I've been so busy with the work that I spaced. Apologies.
                      April/March sounds good.

Comment

Feb/March something?
                        Belated congratulations to you for making the PE projects team. I hope things work out for all you guys to your satisfaction and look forward to your creations.

Comment

Working...
                        X