Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Introducing the "INTIMATES" (high WAF & quality sound)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    Re: Introducing the "INTIMATES" (high WAF & quality sound)

Originally posted by carlspeak View Post
    Well, if you can make the CT. Audio Society Aug. mtg mini-monitor shoot out, you'll be able to. ;) (www.ctaudio.org)
    Though I'd like to- it's a far journey, and my wife is due that month.

Not gonna happen,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• lucasa.miller
    replied

How did you like those Dayton pre-built enclosures? I was contemplating them for my current build. Kind of wish I went with the pre-built enclosures because it's taken me a week just to build the enclosures, not to mention finish them.

I decided to build the enclosures to custom fit my entertainment center and to save the $210 the 3x Dayton .50 cu foot enclosures would have cost.

Leave a comment:

• carlspeak
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Looks reasonable, Carl!

Hope to hear yours one day...
    Wolf
    Well, if you can make the CT. Audio Society Aug. mtg mini-monitor shoot out, you'll be able to. ;) (www.ctaudio.org)

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Looks reasonable, Carl!

I almost did this with the Glucinium Amor MTM I did. I mapped out a sim, but didn't have the guts to try it out.

Hope to hear yours one day...
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• carlspeak
    replied

Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
    I know I'm going to feel pretty stupid when I see the answer, but what is a BB drawing?

I really love the look of these, wish I could afford the drivers...

Nice work!

Mark
    Sorry Mark for being criptic. BB=baffle board.

Leave a comment:

• Mark65
    replied

I know I'm going to feel pretty stupid when I see the answer, but what is a BB drawing?

I really love the look of these, wish I could afford the drivers...

Nice work!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• carlspeak
    replied

Originally posted by 2leftthumbs View Post
    I can't quite understand what you did with the dowling /resistor /vent. Pics?
    Go back to my photobucket album link. Double click on the top row middle pic. It will show the dowel being held in little wooden 'nest' blocks I glued to the sides of the cabinet walls. I picked a spot that has the resistor suspended about 1/2-3/4 inches above the mouth of the vent tube, but not too high to intefere with the tweeter magnet. I have a few more pics I could upload if need be.

Leave a comment:

• 2leftthumbs
    replied

I can't quite understand what you did with the dowling /resistor /vent. Pics?

Leave a comment:

• RINNAV
    replied

Very nicely done Carl! I see why you were intrigued... Thanks for sharing--now I am intrigued too. Just what I need, another build to add to my already long list :p

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

and his wife likes them.

Leave a comment:

• mzisserson
    replied

Carl,
    Been following these for some time. Great build and a good challange. I doubt they sound any less than wonderful!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X