?rs150/rs28f Mtm Cc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?rs150/rs28f Mtm Cc?

With the recent change in design of my latest build to all RS drivers, I'd like to begin on a center channel using the RS150 and RS28F in MTM. As I thought about this, I was thinking I had seen several designs with this combo, but, upon searching, I couldn't find anything!! Can anyone point me in the direction of a proven build with this configuration? Thank you!
    Chris

Re: ?rs150/rs28f Mtm Cc?

http://www.divine-audio.com/abouriou/
    diVine Audio

Comment

Thanks for that link. Is that a decent freq. response graph for the RS28F set-up? I ask because it looks to get a little crazy in the 2-5Khz region and a pretty sharp drop off between 10-20khz? I have no design experience and I really am asking your opinion on this. Thx again!
      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cwad8505 View Post
        Thanks for that link. Is that a decent freq. response graph for the RS28F set-up? I ask because it looks to get a little crazy in the 2-5Khz region and a pretty sharp drop off between 10-20khz? I have no design experience and I really am asking your opinion on this. Thx again!
        Chris
        The stuff around 2-5K isn't as bad as it may look. +-3dB is fine, and the response above 10K is the just response of the RS28A. Generally agreed to be unobjectionable. I think it's been said that the RS28f is pretty much a drop in replacement for the 28A. Looks like a maybe little tweaking to me, but should be close.

Or, we could design one...I vote three way.

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by Zach C. View Post
          Or, we could design one...I vote three way.

Zach
          Sounds even better! BTW.. you got a mouse in your pocket? :D

Chris

Comment

Sounds even better! BTW.. you got a mouse in your pocket? :D

Chris
            Oh. You want the Garnacha then. Umm. Not on divine-audio yet but you can find it at htguide. RS28S RS150-8 and two RS-180.

Or maybe you Khanspire.

Or...

I've got lots to choose from and I'm definitely not the only one.

On axis or off axis data changes. The stuff you're looking at goes away off axis but the net power response is smoother for it. Also had some measurement setup artifacts at that time if you're looking at live measurements.

C
            diVine Audio

Comment

The issues with an RS28-based sideways MTM CC are twofold:
              - while it can cross quite low, other tweeters can cross lower
              - it's big, so it limits c-c distance for the mids.

Here's a design approach, albeit based on RS180, showing how to get around both of these issues by using a different tweeter.
              http://htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=11475

Built these last year using the currently-available D3004/602010 tweeter and got a level of improvement (over a sideways NatP MTM) that elicited positive spousal comments, a rare thing in our house.

The alternative is a 3-way...

Have fun,
              Frank

Comment

Forgot. For a three way cc, Khancenter.
                diVine Audio

Comment

...you got a mouse in your pocket? :D

Chris
                  I think that's a vole.

:eek:

Z

Comment

Originally posted by cjd View Post
                    Forgot. For a three way cc, Khancenter.
                    Yeah.. I was checking out Joey's recent build of these monsters. While incredibly impressive, at my house, those would receive a WAF score of roughly -100 (that would be a negative). Sounds like Mr. Zach C. is just dying to design something for me.. in his spare time :D... This might be the way I go here. Thx for the input, fellas!
                    Chris

Comment

Yeah.. I was checking out Joey's recent build of these monsters. While incredibly impressive, at my house, those would receive a WAF score of roughly -100 (that would be a negative). Sounds like Mr. Zach C. is just dying to design something with me.. in his spare time :D... This might be the way I go here. Thx for the input, fellas!
                      Chris
                      fixed

I just figured that once we get finished with the current projects, you'd be ready to go pro, and borrow my measurement gear. If you can hang in there for seven weeks (challenge, I know) it's going to be a speaker building bonanza!

Comment

Yeah.. I was checking out Joey's recent build of these monsters. While incredibly impressive, at my house, those would receive a WAF score of roughly -100 (that would be a negative). Sounds like Mr. Zach C. is just dying to design something for me.. in his spare time :D... This might be the way I go here. Thx for the input, fellas!
                        Chris
                        Khan center is smaller than Joey built. And my mtm works nicely with the RS28S.

But you're welcome to embark on another design with the same drivers.
                        diVine Audio

Comment

I built CJD's mtm with the RS28A (using it as a center with my Modula towers)and it sounds awesome (thanks again for all your help)..I know its a different tweeter but i wouldn't be afraid to try any of his designs....imo...........

John.

Comment

Originally posted by cjd View Post
                            Khan center is smaller than Joey built. And my mtm works nicely with the RS28S.

But you're welcome to embark on another design with the same drivers.
                            Seriously.. I greatly appreciate the input. Do you have a link to the Khan center? I've googled it and came across the originals and Joey's build, but didn't find the link to the center? Thx!
                            Chris

Comment

Khancenter: http://htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=28262

Some day I'll get the rest to my site.
                              diVine Audio

Comment

Working...
                              X