• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WinISD or Madisound problem

Thank you surprisingly WinISD calculated very close to his measurements

Comment

Originally posted by AR3A View Post
      WinISD pro keeps telling me that there is a consistency check fail on Qts, Qms, Qes.

For this driver

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...4-1078&scqty=2
      I recommend a specific order of entering specs to prevent this problem with WinISD..

Qms, Mms, Cms, Re, BL, Sd, Xmax, Pe

If you follow that order, all other specifications will be calculated for you without any consistency problems. If one of these specs is not published/available, then come as close as possible to this order, then add 1 additional T/S spec at a time until the remaining important fields have been calculated.

Regards,
      Eric
      Pro/Fi Cinema Speaker project: "From the Ashes"

Comment

Originally posted by mdocod View Post
        I recommend a specific order of entering specs to prevent this problem with WinISD..

Qms, Mms, Cms, Re, BL, Sd, Xmax, Pe

If you follow that order, all other specifications will be calculated for you without any consistency problems. If one of these specs is not published/available, then come as close as possible to this order, then add 1 additional T/S spec at a time until the remaining important fields have been calculated.

Regards,
        Eric

It's not really all that complicated. (With "auto-calculate" - or whatever it's called turned on) just enter the parms in the order that they "tab", L>R, top to bottom, but don't enter too many.

I probably just enter Qes, Qms, (SKIP Qts - but watch it calculate it) Fs, Vas, Re, D (cone diameter - or alternately Sd, cone area), Le, Pe, and Xmax.

Away you go.

Comment

Hi Chris,

How can you say "it's not really all that complicated" and then proceed to give a list of inputs that is equal in length to those I have provided? The complication is equal.

The mechanical characteristics are less apt to have been "fudged" in the spec sheet. Following the suggested input order I have presented will result in greater precision in most cases. Also, you should skip entering Le, WinISD doesn't calculate for that correctly anyways.

Regards,
          Eric

Comment

My tutorial. Sometime this century I will upload the other parts...
            Facebook | GCF DakotaDIY

Midwest Audio Club

RIP Jackson, my big dumb black dog |
            RIP Zoe, my little yellow dog

Comment

Originally posted by mdocod View Post
              Hi Chris,

How can you say "it's not really all that complicated" and then proceed to give a list of inputs that is equal in length to those I have provided? The complication is equal.

The mechanical characteristics are less apt to have been "fudged" in the spec sheet. Following the suggested input order I have presented will result in greater precision in most cases. Also, you should skip entering Le, WinISD doesn't calculate for that correctly anyways.

Regards,
              Eric
              Thing is, all my parms are published in PE's cat except Le (but all Dayton drivers also have that), and cone diameter (or area). You should be able to guess pretty close on that one. My WT3 can also give me all of those (except cone size, but if I've got one in hand to run my WT on, I can throw a tape measure on it).

Fully half of your parms aren't in the cat or seen on PE's website w/out extra searching to maybe find a mfg's PDF file somewhere.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

With the exception of some buyout drivers, I am not aware of any drivers sold on PE that do not have a link to a PDF with all of the data, or enough of the data I have suggested be used to create a driver profile in WinISD in the way I have suggested entering it. Granted a few of the manufacture pdf's are not as complete, but most are very close...

Just because it's not on the website "screen" or in the cat doesn't mean it isn't a click away. Look under the "Manuals/Resources" pane on the page displaying the driver. A Proper and full specification is usually available in those links. Often they include manufacture supplied response charts and impedance charts, which can be very useful for folks trying to integrate drivers via simulation with no in-house measurement available.

Regards,
                Eric

Comment

Working...
                X