X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Im Lost!!!

Originally posted by Eluna54 View Post
    What will this do?
    Putting the speakers in the corners of the room boosts the bass by reflecting the bass off the walls. -- Doug

Comment

About the only was to get decent boom out of these involves about 8 oz of C4.

Comment

If all you want is a lot of bass for cheap, get a Dayton Sub-1200 for $130. Watch the video on the product page and it will show you how to connect the sub to your system using speaker wire from your amp.
        http://jaysspeakerpage.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Eluna54 View Post
          So I purchased a pair of the floor standing speakers below but the woofer at the very bottom of each structure is not connected and there is no where to connect it to so its like a dud.
          Thats frickin awesome!!
          A mains
          The Ventures
          Open Invit8tions
          RSR
          Sound Troopers
          Acorns
          DGBG's

PhotoBucket Library

Comment

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
            Thats frickin awesome!!
            Better yet....
            A goof on Craigslist had a set of Theatre Dynamics (white van) towers for sale in NH. I knew they were white van, but the cabinets were stunning with a 5.25'' MTM and a 12 subwoofer, side firing.
            He proclaimed about how amazing they sounded...yadda yadda,
            I offered him $100, he accepted. When I got there to meet him, I moved one of the towers adn I heard something moving around inside. I removed the lower driver and the magnet had been snapped off from him dropping the cabinets. I also found the huge dent in the rear corner where he dropped it.
            I was like, so i offered $100 for your amazing sounding $1200 speakers. They are broke as shiznik now...I'll give you $50.
            He began calling me a retard and that I didnt know smack about speakers because the magnet wasnt broken off....they were actually called ----are you ready for this----
            progressive registers.
            I said, you mean passive radiators? he was like, oh yeah, those things.
            I said passive radiators dont have voice coils. What the magnet hanging in the box for then? he said thats how progressive registers work- from picking up magnetism from the music to give you extra bass.

I handed him a $20 bill, and said go buy a brain.

Comment

Working...
            X