Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q on Diffraction and Boundary Simulator

Hi,

Let's suppose I'd like to model the floor boundary effects of a TMWW or TWWWW configuration. How would I do this in the Diff and Boundary Sim toolset?

My current thinking is to model each woofer separately noting the change in baffle diffraction and floor boundary effects as woofer distance from floor changes. Save each driver off to a separate FRD file. But then, how do I combine these in Response Modeler? I'm not seeing an obvious way.

For PCD, should I then treat the WWWW as one driver (located where?), or import the separate FRD's directly into PCD?

Is this an acceptable approach, or is there another I should be considering?

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Q on Diffraction and Boundary Simulator

Originally posted by weinstro View Post
    Hi,

Let's suppose I'd like to model the floor boundary effects of a TMWW or TWWWW configuration. How would I do this in the Diff and Boundary Sim toolset?

My current thinking is to model each woofer separately noting the change in baffle diffraction and floor boundary effects as woofer distance from floor changes. Save each driver off to a separate FRD file. But then, how do I combine these in Response Modeler? I'm not seeing an obvious way.

For PCD, should I then treat the WWWW as one driver (located where?), or import the separate FRD's directly into PCD?

Is this an acceptable approach, or is there another I should be considering?

Thanks,

Rob
    Simulate each woofer pair (upper and lower) at their geometric center and save off the FRDs.

PCD will let you import individual FRDs for the woofers
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong

Comment

Working...
    X