Nano Neo speakers - couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano Neo speakers - couple of questions

I would like to build Nano Neos from the DIY Sound Group kit (mostly because I lack woodworking tools and skills). I just have couple of questions before I pull the trigger:

1. Are the Nano Neos suitable for low power amplifiers - i.e. 2x20W? The room is 12x14' but I do not listen loud at all. Sound clarity and quality is more important to me than SPL. You could describe my listening volumes as a bit louder than background music. The amplifier that I have (2x20W) is more than enough for this type of listening (it is currently paired with a sealed design speakers with 86dB sensitivity). What is the actual sensitivity and impedance of NNs?

2. Can the NNs be positioned about 2" from the wall? I am asking because I am buying a kit and going with a front port is not an option. I also can't put them further away from the wall than about 2".

Thanks.

Re: Nano Neo speakers - couple of questions

Originally posted by drabina View Post
    I would like to build Nano Neos from the DIY Sound Group kit (mostly because I lack woodworking tools and skills). I just have couple of questions before I pull the trigger:

1. Are the Nano Neos suitable for low power amplifiers - i.e. 2x20W? The room is 12x14' but I do not listen loud at all. Sound clarity and quality is more important to me than SPL. You could describe my listening volumes as a bit louder than background music. The amplifier that I have (2x20W) is more than enough for this type of listening (it is currently paired with a sealed design speakers with 86dB sensitivity). What is the actual sensitivity and impedance of NNs?

2. Can the NNs be positioned about 2" from the wall? I am asking because I am buying a kit and going with a front port is not an option. I also can't put them further away from the wall than about 2".

Thanks.
    I've driven them with an old ADVENT Receiver (20w RMS/ch) and the Lepai 2020. While they CAN take more power, I've heard them squeal with 100w/ch.
    I THINK they're around 83dB, and they'd be classed as a nominal 6 ohm design. You do NOT need a 4 ohm capable amp to push them, any 8 ohmer should be happy enough.

2" will be fine.

Comment

Re: Nano Neo speakers - couple of questions

Thanks for reply Chris.

Comment

Working...
      X