InDIYana Demo Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDIYana Demo Discs

Hi everyone. My wife and I had a fantastic time at the show. I had a few people ask about my demo disc when I was showing the Retro Passives, so I'm posting the track list, and I figured we all could clear up any confusion about what was being played.

Jars of Clay - Five Candles
    Vienna Teng - Shasta
    Soundtrack - Somewhere In Time Theme
    As I Lay Dying - Upside Down Kingdom
    Lindsay McCaul - The Ending
    Eric L.

Re: InDIYana Demo Discs

Thanks, Eric.

Since you started this thread, I'm gonna also list my tracks and a link where they can be downloaded for evaluation purposes.

I put some decent effort into Track #7, which is my 5-min compilation of tracks 1-6. I do think this is a good speaker-testing track. Enjoy.

http://www.box.com/s/1cfcb979b2524eec90a0
    Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Don't know how many people will really be interested in my classical-heavy preferences, but here are the 4 tracks I used:

1. Diana Krall: Maybe You'll Be There from her Live in Paris CD
      2. Richard Danielpour (composer): from the first movement of his Anima Mundi (sort of a ballet)
      3. Anne-Sophie Mutter (violinist): last part of Pablo De Sarasate's
      Fantasy on the Opera, Carmen
      4. Sousa's The Stars and Stripes Forever by the Dallas Wind Symphony

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
        Don't know how many people will really be interested in my classical-heavy preferences, but here are the 4 tracks I used:

1. Diana Krall: Maybe You'll Be There from her Live in Paris CD
        2. Richard Danielpour (composer): from the first movement of his Anima Mundi (sort of a ballet)
        3. Anne-Sophie Mutter (violinist): last part of Pablo De Sarasate's
        Fantasy on the Opera, Carmen
        4. Sousa's The Stars and Stripes Forever by the Dallas Wind Symphony

Paul

Still not sure why you wouldn't let me crank Van Halen's Eruption or Running with the Devil, instead of just showing off the silly classical stuff. :D
        Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

If I had, you wouldn't have heard anything. I installed a special "Bybee" device in series with the positive input leg that automatically opens up the signal path when it senses "bad" music!:D:D:D
          Paul

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
          Still not sure why you wouldn't let me crank Van Halen's Eruption or Running with the Devil, instead of just showing off the silly classical stuff. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
            If I had, you wouldn't have heard anything. I installed a special "Bybee" device in series with the positive input leg that automatically opens up the signal path when it senses "bad" music!:D:D:D
            Paul
            You're speakers were kinda like when you were a kid and there was that "pretty boy" who always looked so perfect that you just wanted to go up and mess up his hair every once in a while. :D I mean this in a good way.

As a judge in Dayton, yours deserved to win their class, and yesterday I was reminded of how exquisite they are in the mids. People buying commercial speakers can spends tens of thousands of dollars and still not get better mids.

Jeff
            Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

I don't think I was ever considered to be a "pretty boy", but I did get a lot of "attention", if you get my drift, from some jealous class mates when it came to scholastic achievements and teacher praise. Your comments are taken as you intended and your praise of the Cavatinas is greatly appreciated, a significant amount of which is owed to Dennis' crossover design skills. I was disappointed that I only got to hear a track or two on your CSS MTMs and nothing from your transient perfect design because I simply needed to get away by 4:30.
              Paul

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
              You're speakers were kinda like when you were a kid and there was that "pretty boy" who always looked so perfect that you just wanted to go up and mess up his hair every once in a while. :D I mean this in a good way.

As a judge in Dayton, yours deserved to win their class, and yesterday I was reminded of how exquisite they are in the mids. People buying commercial speakers can spends tens of thousands of dollars and still not get better mids.

Jeff

Comment

"InDIYana 2012" Official track set....

1. Pink Noise

2. Chuck Mangione- 'Feels So Good', from Feels So Good on A&M

3. Susanna Hoffs- "Something New" from When You're a Boy on Columbia.

4. Nanci Griffith- "Love At The Five And Dime" (live), from The MCA Years: A Retrospective on MCA.

5. Mavis Staples- "You must have that True Religion" from I Believe To My Soul on Rhino.

6. Dinner Mint w/ Jesse Sprinkle- "All for One" from Sweet Family Music: A Tribute to Stryper on Flying Tart.

7. Prokofiev- Symphony No. 6, Op. 111; Leonard Slatkin conducting from Prokofiev: Symphony no 6, etc / Leonard Slatkin, National SO on BMG.

8. Billy Joel- "For the Longest Time" from An Innocent Man on Columbia.

9. Alanis Morissette- "Uninvited" from City of Angels: Music from the Motion Picture on WB.

10. Creedence Clearwater Revival- "Travelin' Band" from Chronicle, Vol. 1 on Fantasy.

11. Plant/Krauss- "Sister Rosetta goes Before Us" from Raising Sand on Rounder.

12. Nightwish- "Slow, Love, Slow" from Imaginaerum on Roadrunner.

Boy- that took a lot longer to lay up than I thought it would....
                Later,
                Wolf
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I DLoaded your set Bryan, now I'm off to have my own (lonely) DIY sesson...:p
                  A mains
                  The Ventures
                  Open Invit8tions
                  RSR
                  Sound Troopers
                  Acorns
                  DGBG's
                  The Monuments

Comment

Dan N.

Comment