X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djkest
    replied
    Re: Not so Rat Rocker build thread - Sean's NLA Towers

Awesome craftsmanship, very cool design too.

Leave a comment:

• DarrenM
    replied

Excellent

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

They sound very good. Plenty of bass and well balanced. Bryan did some really good work on them.

Leave a comment:

• DarrenM
    replied

so how did these come out sounding

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Cheers, Ryan. :D

Leave a comment:

• ROTECH
    replied

How dare you call these Rat Rockers.
    My next project or 10 will surely be less than a rat I am sure, when compared to these. Great job Bryan.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by dlneubec View Post
    Bryan,

I thought you did a very nice job on them. They sounded very good. Your son will love them. I see bigger and better challenges in your near future!
    Thanks Dan. That's very nice coming from you -- a guy that so many (me included of course) aspire to. BTW - thanks so much for brining in that port tubing material. I grabbed a bunch. I build a lot of subs, so that material is perfect for me.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
    Cool build Bryan. Your wood working shop looks just like mine (aka the driveway) :D :p

Even with those huge reliefs you made to the back side of the baffles it still looks like those Aura drivers are gonna sufficate :o They must have been designed to be mounted to 1/2" partical board baffles

Do I spy some freebie yellow caps from DIY Chicago?
    Haha...yes, the garage is my shop/man cave/storage/ oh yeah and place to park a car.

Those NS35's are meant to be rear-mounted, but there just wasn't enough time for me to figure out how to do that in 1" thick stock. I am seriously considering a nice thin hardwood "flase baffle" for the MTM section where I can rear-mount the NS35's.

Yes, you spy correctly sir.

Leave a comment:

• dlneubec
    replied

Bryan,

I thought you did a very nice job on them. They sounded very good. Your son will love them. I see bigger and better challenges in your near future!

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied

Cool build Bryan. Your wood working shop looks just like mine (aka the driveway) :D :p

Even with those huge reliefs you made to the back side of the baffles it still looks like those Aura drivers are gonna sufficate :o They must have been designed to be mounted to 1/2" partical board baffles

Do I spy some freebie yellow caps from DIY Chicago?

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by carlspeak View Post
    Great looking build Bryan.

So, where's the measurements???
    Ha..... Don't hold your breath for those my friend. I got these done just in time for the show and they never made it out of my garage initially. Now they are back in the garage waiting for me to haul them up to my kid's room.

No promises on any measurements.

Leave a comment:

• carlspeak
    replied

Great looking build Bryan.

So, where's the measurements???

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

The total cost for this project was fairly cheap. Since I used old wood, all buyout drivers and the buyout port plus lots of used XO parts and a used SA240, I was able to keep it under $250 for everything.

Fat chance getting that out of my kid though.....;)

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Very lucky child, sir. What a fun build!

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the sound. The 6.5" subs have more than enough low, punchy bass. The 33Hz tuning seems to be perfect and they work very well in the 1.25ft^3 box. The 3" flared port has absolutely no noise whatsoever, even at high volume.

The MTM section and my XO shockingly work well. I was lucky....I'm no liar. I got a few nice comments from the folks at InDIYana....thanks for that.

Soon they will be up in my Sean's room.......He better be nice to the neighbors, because these "not-so-rat rockers" really rock. :D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X