Most relaxing song ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most relaxing song ever?

This will probably sound weird if you're not familiar with the album but Nine Inch Nails "Still" album is my favorite for relaxing. Dark Side of the Moon and Wish you Were here are right up there though

Comment

Originally posted by carlspeak View Post
      Who is John Gault? Any relation to Ron Paul? ;)

Anybody try the Adagietto from Mahler's 5th yet?
      I did listen, and it is relaxing.

But Debussy's masterpiece still takes top spot all time for me.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong

Comment

The Impressionists: A Windham Hill Sampler

Hearts of Space ( the syndicated program )
        "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Originally posted by DIYNut42 View Post
          Easy..... The first 10 minutes of Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd.

If you can find it on SACD, (and have a Blu-Ray player capable of SACD playback) listen to it in DTS-Neo6, reclined in your rooms sweet spot, with your favorite beer in hand. Or hard liquor depending on how bad your day has been.

If you want to wake up though, theres always pretty much anything by All That Remains :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pYWGjECLE
          Let's not forget Echoes.

Comment

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
            Pink Floyd...Breath.
            Yes !

Pink Floyd - Mother
            Pink Floyd - The Great Gig In The Sky

Comment

I find this song very relaxing, I hope you enjoy.
              TheBringdown
              Thanks ,
              JB

Comment

This one immediately came to mind - oldsters represent!

I'm Not In Love - 10cc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2BavhwpIJg

Comment

Something in that article caught my attention: that they said the song was somehow "timed" to our natural rhythms or something to that effect. It reminded me of a song I did for a game several years ago. It's built around a "breathing" chord progression. Is it relaxing? You decide.

I will give you a few warnings, though. First, there is no post-production done on this at all... no dynamic compression or EQ or anything. Second, it's from a GameBoy Advance game, which was somewhat limited in its ability to play back music. But still, I did the best I could.
                  I won't rest until I've TMM all the things!

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                  Twitter? @undefinition1

Comment

Easy..... The first 10 minutes of Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd.

If you can find it on SACD, (and have a Blu-Ray player capable of SACD playback) listen to it in DTS-Neo6, reclined in your rooms sweet spot, with your favorite beer in hand. Or hard liquor depending on how bad your day has been.

If you want to wake up though, theres always pretty much anything by All That Remains :D
                    +1 on that the whole "Wish You Were Here" disc was a frequent decompressor for me.

Old School: "Days of Future Passed" -- Moody Blues
                    Lou's Speaker Site [speakers.lonesaguaro.com]
                    "Different" is objective, "better" is subjective. Taste is not a provable fact.
                    Where are you John Galt? I may not be worthy, but I'm ready.

Comment

SCTV's Dave Thomas "as" Perry Como tucked into a bed onstage with a microphone laying on a pillow next to his head while he sings "It's Impossible "

Comment

Originally posted by kevinr View Post
                        SCTV's Dave Thomas "as" Perry Como tucked into a bed onstage with a microphone laying on a pillow next to his head while he sings "It's Impossible "
                        Actually, I think it's Eugene Levy, and yes, that's one funny skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1yvS_m_7eE
                        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio

Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong

Comment

... If you want to wake up though, theres always pretty much anything by All That Remains :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pYWGjECLE
                          I think he's just a tad sharp at 0:58 then a bit flat at 1:20.

(sorry for being a wise@ss... I crack myself up sometimes.)
                          ~Marty

Baby Eidolons
                          Sapphos
                          Cables (Post #54)
                          Other speakers (Post #21)
                          Design Thoughts (Posts: 6,10,13,33,35)
                          Boundary Augmentation
                          Dispersion/Interference

Comment

Working...
                          X