CNC baffle cutting service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CNC baffle cutting service

Hey Pete, If it's a hardwood it shouldn't take more than a light sanding with a fine (220) paper. If it's MDF, because of the nature of the material, sanding won't really improve it unless you use some kind of sealer first, like glue & water, paint or a coat of clear, etc. On the finish cut the bit only cuts 0.006" wide per pass, round and round and round and round.......and round

TJ
    Hybrid floor stander build - The Tikki Lau - D8's

CNC baffle cutting services

Comment

Originally posted by takitaj View Post
      Hey Pete, If it's a hardwood it shouldn't take more than a light sanding with a fine (220) paper. If it's MDF, because of the nature of the material, sanding won't really improve it unless you use some kind of sealer first, like glue & water, paint or a coat of clear, etc. On the finish cut the bit only cuts 0.006" wide per pass, round and round and round and round.......and round

TJ
      Very nice indeed.

To seal up MDF, we use either an epoxy wash first to seal them up against any kind of moisture, or lacquer sanding sealer if we want to keep things a bit easier to sand. Good to know they're going to be very smooth regardless.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Pete, is that by chance the same contour you suggested for use with the RS28? I have a small project I'm going to have takitaj quote soon, and if that is the same contour, I would probably just have him do two of those for my RS28/180 project.
        RYAN N.

"Why do you have the stereo on while you're watching TV?" - "....Cause I like to party."

RSS390HF Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=224998
        AviaTrix Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=230372
        Wolf's PC Speakers Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...84#post1838384
        Overnight Sensations MT Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ation-MT-build

Comment

i think its the same one he did for me. the one pete gave me the drawing for the rs28.

Click image for larger version

Name:	arlis%20rs225%20w-petes%20WG.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1143775
          " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
          Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
          http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

OK, I have my head above water again and I believe I responded to everyone's requests. If I forgot anyone I appologize and please PM (or email) me again if I did.

Many thanks!
            TJ

Comment

OK, I have my head above water again and I believe I responded to everyone's requests. If I forgot anyone I appologize and please PM (or email) me again if I did.

Many thanks!
              TJ
              Details of the Swope baffles sent via PM.

Thanks!

Comment

TJ,

Just wanted to say I haven't forgotten about the projects we discussed. I'm just trying to get a handle on all the various projects, scheduling them out (buying parts, time to build, etc.) and a couple of designs some friends commissioned me to do.

I may need a tweeter adapter plate, 6mm thick, about 105mm OD with a cutout (adapting a cutout from a 4" tweeter to a smaller one).

I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for being patient with me.
                Nichikuros - Peerless 831735 Nomex + Vifa NE25VTA
                Digger8 - Small compact 8" sub with F3 = 20Hz
                Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)
                Jeffrey - Tang Band W5-704D + Beston RT003C
                Jasmine - Fountek FW146 + Fountek NeoCD3.0 Ribbon in Pioneer BS21 Cabinet

Comment

It's not a problem! When ever you're ready.

I should be getting together a bunch of pics of stuff I've done so far real soon. A bunch of baffles, a few flat packs and even a completely finished/veneered tower.

TJ

Comment

I am interested in having some work done also. Will get back to you with spec's.
                    Francis

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here. I try not to advertise so there may be some that didn't know I was, or that I was still doing it. Those that I have done work for (thank you!) can attest to the quality and I'd be glad to show off some of my past projects. You can check out the recent "Who's making sawdust" thread for one example of some baffles that I did for Pete S.. My CNC is a great tool but only one in the arsenal and not suited to every aspect of a project, both quality wise & cost. There's no substitute for experience. So if you want to compare quotes then feel free to send over what you have and I'll see what I can do. I know I can't meet everyone's budget but you'll never know if you don't ask.

See the beginning of this thread for more information and ways to contact me.

.....Back into the shadows

Thanks!
                      TJ

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here. I try not to advertise so there may be some that didn't know I was, or that I was still doing it. Those that I have done work for (thank you!) can attest to the quality and I'd be glad to show off some of my past projects. You can check out the recent "Who's making sawdust" thread for one example of some baffles that I did for Pete S.. My CNC is a great tool but only one in the arsenal and not suited to every aspect of a project, both quality wise & cost.

Could you perhaps ask the designers if they would allow you to index the library of projects in order that others could use/share and build using your services?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by richt@daytonaudio.com View Post
                          Could you perhaps ask the designers if they would allow you to index the library of projects in order that others could use/share and build using your services?

Thanks.
                          Thanks Rich. Tom's a great guy, easy to work with, and does fantastic quality work.

I'll post a few pics here so that the gang can see what Tom can do. He did each of these baffles (the first two feature PE cabinets!!!) We did the final prep and had them painted (the big one at the bottom is only primed).

R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                          Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Is Aluminum out of the question? I'm gonna be doing some open baffles and they are 20" wide x 38" tall, Some 1/2 or 3/4 would be quite costly but I bet they'd sure look pretty all polished up or anodized.

Comment

You have to get a second mortgage for the shipping on those and forget about ever moving them around lol.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                              return to the source
                              leviathan system thread
                              deadhorse thread
                              shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by cradeldorf View Post
                                Is Aluminum out of the question? I'm gonna be doing some open baffles and they are 20" wide x 38" tall, Some 1/2 or 3/4 would be quite costly but I bet they'd sure look pretty all polished up or anodized.
                                Get some cut with MDF and wrap them in vinyl. They make vinyl in all kinds of metallic look, including chrome.

Comment

Working...
                                X