Yes it does!

> I think I might try to attend this year. My
    > assembly at work should be through launch
    > and in full production by then, so I should
    > be able to get away. I may even bring
    > something special to the show. Sound like
    > fun?

'Exalted writer of placemats'-
    You won't regret this if you attend. It's usually about 30-40 people, we had TONS of speakers to listen to last year, door prizes, differing 'speaker theists', and just a grand old time. There is usually a dinner the night before, and a dinner after the event (No Tom Catz!). A tour of PE is usually a given, and maybe some technical discussions or listening tests of some sort. Shawn and I plan on arriving the Friday night before, and setting up our stuff. U-HAUL!
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• curt_c
    replied
    Re: Vince's VHT's ( tweeter upgrade?)

The 22TAF/G looks to be another winner from Seas. I suspect it would be an excellent choice to use in a VHT type design.

C

Leave a comment:

• rudyjakubin
    replied
    Vince's VHT's ( tweeter upgrade?)

. The VHT
    > impedance minima modeled at something like
    > 3.6 ohms, but who's counting? 8^)

Whilst driving doing my shopping yesterday, Vince's speakers popped into to my head. All because of the Seas 22TAF/G's I listened to earlier. I was thinking what a great tweeter that'll go with the 5 1/4" Dayton Aluminums or any other 5" driver crossed over at 2500 hz.

Anyway's that 8mh coil is on the order books and I'm going to give Pete's design a good whack.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied
    Re: I can't believe I never....

> I enjoy watching what Pete does with my
    > tools. He's one of the guys who really puts
    > them to work and it's fun to see what he
    > comes up with.

They are too fun to leave sit for very long. I don't know which computer program I like better, Call of Duty or Passive Crossover Designer!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied
    Re: I can't believe I never....

> ..thought of that arrangement! Essentially,
    > it's a cascaded 2.5 way in an MTMWW
    > arrangement. a tweeter with 2 2.5-ways
    > attached. The CTC spacing is sound, the
    > wavelengths all are respectably spaced too.
    > Cosmetics/Aesthetics are really nice. GOOD
    > DEAL!
    > Later,
    > Wolf

I enjoy watching what Pete does with my tools. He's one of the guys who really puts them to work and it's fun to see what he comes up with.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied
    Re: Dayton is in October usually

> If this year is anything like last year, it
    > will be more fun than the law allows.
    > Believe me, a noise ordinance had to be
    > violated at some point. Keep the month of
    > October open. This early in the year there's
    > no telling what the actual date will be.
    > C'mon up, man!

> shawn

I think I might try to attend this year. My assembly at work should be through launch and in full production by then, so I should be able to get away. I may even bring something special to the show. Sound like fun?

Leave a comment:

• shawn_a
    replied
    Dayton is in October usually

If this year is anything like last year, it will be more fun than the law allows. Believe me, a noise ordinance had to be violated at some point. Keep the month of October open. This early in the year there's no telling what the actual date will be. C'mon up, man!

shawn

Leave a comment:

• curt_c
    replied
    Re: Actually...

> I do believe that is a 3-way system and a
    > tough load to drive. A pair of the DA175
    > will dip to about 3Ω, something I
    > really like to avoid.

Yes, one of the advantages to using 4 drivers I was contemplating was the relatively high impedance, and the necessary enclosures aren't all that large... The VHT impedance minima modeled at something like 3.6 ohms, but who's counting? 8^)

> Now I just need to convince the wife that I
    > HAVE to spend a couple hundred bucks.

That's a toughie. I have the same issues myself...

C

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• curt_c
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I can't believe I never....

..thought of that arrangement! Essentially, it's a cascaded 2.5 way in an MTMWW arrangement. a tweeter with 2 2.5-ways attached. The CTC spacing is sound, the wavelengths all are respectably spaced too. Cosmetics/Aesthetics are really nice. GOOD DEAL!
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Hey Rudy J, the Quad DA175 - K1 MTMWW XO is here. *PIC*

The power response looks VERY nice. The impedance plot is very benign as well. Again, same tweeter XO as before but the woofer circuit was completely reworked.

This is modeled on a close-spaced set of DA175 and the K1, MTMWW with a 9" wide baffle. The M's and W's are each series connected to keep the impedance in the 8 Ohm range. This should be capable of some great dynamics and bass in a 2.5 - 3 cubic foot cabinet.

Hmmm . . . I just happen to have a couple of 2.6 cubic foot cabinets in my basement right now!!!
Working...
X